Expenses ... Expenses....

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Expenses ... Expenses....

Post by arkjack » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Shoot!! They raised the copyright fee $15.... and it still takes 4 months to get your certificate back... what's wit dat???? Must be the anthrax decontamination reserve fund.....AJ

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Expenses ... Expenses....

Post by davewalton » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Quote:Must be the anthrax decontamination reserve fund.....That's pretty funny. I had a CD "decontanimated" by those guys (i.e. - "send us a new CD").

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:47 pm

I thought it's been $30. Do you get the Costco copyright or something?

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:30 pm

Mine was nuked, too. They said I should send the thing in a certain-sized box to avoid it being melted by the anti-anthrax process. I did. It was accepted.I hate it when I have to play along with the 'process'...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 am

Next time use your after-shower talcum powder while you are at least 50 feet from your CD... Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:42 am

Nomi, They raised it $15, not to $15; it is now $45. A tad bit over inflation. However I would print anyone a certificate (guaranteed worthless) for a mere $30. It would swear that the song they sent me might possibly be one they wrote, or thought of writing if someone hadn't beaten them to it. Traveling Ed's discount copywrong service. (Or "servicio" for those writing Tejano music).
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:36 am

LOL, Arkjack. Not only is the copyright fee 45 bucks now...the Copyright Office is still SLOW as ever. I sent in a compilation of two sets of songs back in March and May, and I still haven't gotten my copyrights. I've called them countless times, and they say, "it's still in process." They said I could re-submit, and it would take less time, (speed up the process) but I'm not banking on that....I'm guessing I'll get my copyrights eons from now. I'd just rather wait on the original applications I submitted. They are on file though, so I feel protected for now. Also, I had to send another CD of one of my collections because it was nuked too. I really am apprehensive about sending collections to these people now....I'm sending one song at a time because I think it slowed down the process. It's not economical that way, but the people I've dealt with over the phone don't seem that sharp or either they're just tired from and overload of work and they don't want to deal with people. Hopefully, copyrighting one song at a time will make it easy for them....yeah, it's a wasteful use of money, but I'm tired of dealing with these folks.I hate dealing with the 'gubment!'