Getting Old Really S_ _ ks!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Getting Old Really S_ _ ks!

Post by augustheat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:27 am

Hey Guys:Thought I'd share a little bit on the lighter side of my Mother's nursing home stay...After working the Vikings game yesterday, I stopped by to see if she wanted to go to her apartment to pick up her Christmas tree, decorations, etc. As I walked through the nursing home, I'd say almost 90% of these 80-90+ year olds were watching football in their rooms! The nurses say they do this every Sunday. Thought that was pretty cool...Lastly, here is evidence that God has a sense of humor...When I was 13, my father had an affair, which ultimately caused my parents to split up. The "other woman" was a friend of our family. We would spend holidays, etc., with them. It left kind of a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but such is life.Soooooo....guess who has the room right next door to my mother in the nursing home? Yep, you got it! When my Mom found out, she wanted to relocate, move, kill her, etc. I told her a lot of life had gone by since those days, and she should just forgive and move on. I even suggested this was fate and that she should say hello to the woman. She said that it would be a old day in He__!Well, He__ has apparently experienced a blizzard! Not only has my Mother spoken with her, she eats with her every day! When I want in to see her yesterday, she was having lunch with this woman and her entire family; all 60+ of them! They were there for a little family Christmas gathering in the party room. I must admit I felt a little weird being reintroduced to some of her kids. Heck, one of them could be my brother! You gotta' love it!Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN