Afternoon Entertainment

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Afternoon Entertainment

Post by davewalton » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:18 am

Hello,I got a DVD today of a film that placed three of my existing tracks of music as the "score" to the film. Kind of nice because I didn't have to lift a finger to write anything new. As my mother-in-law says "Give a lazy man a hard job and he'll find an easy way to do it". It's a foreign language film. Bonus points for guessing the language. Extra bonus points for knowing what they're saying. End Of Film/End Creditswww.DaveWaltonMusic.com/PrivateArea/APieceOfHeaven.wmvwww.DaveWaltonMusic.com/PrivateArea/APieceOfHeaven.movEnjoy!Dave

kevinmathie
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Afternoon Entertainment

Post by kevinmathie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Quote:Hello,I got a DVD today of a film that placed three of my existing tracks of music as the "score" to the film. Kind of nice because I didn't have to lift a finger to write anything new. As my mother-in-law says "Give a lazy man a hard job and he'll find an easy way to do it". It's a foreign language film. Bonus points for guessing the language. Extra bonus points for knowing what they're saying. End Of Film/End Creditswww.DaveWaltonMusic.com/PrivateArea/APieceOfHeaven.wmvwww.DaveWaltonMusic.com/PrivateArea/APieceOfHeaven.movEnjoy!DaveCongrats! That's a really nice cue. I like it. That's gotta be a trip getting a DVD with your music on it.OK, this is a total shot in the dark regarding the language, but I'm going to say Hindi. There was so little spoken, it's hard to say, but it didn't sound European to me. So, I'm taking a wild guess.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:43 pm

Hey Dave, very nice job on the "Digital Music"! I have to wonder who did the non-digital music As for language, I would have to guess some sort of Indian language. There are so many dialects though I would have to say the national language which I don't know the actual name of it. I'd like to give some goof off translation, but nothing funny is really coming to me at the moment.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:02 am

This isn't going to be a "contest" swamped with entries so the voting is closed and each the two entrants get a 2007 Aston Martin DB9 for participating. It's Urdu which, as I understand it, is what is spoken in Pakistan. I sure don't know what they're saying. Something mushy. Quote:Hey Dave, very nice job on the "Digital Music"! I have to wonder who did the non-digital musicI can see I'll have to render larger versions of these for the "reading glasses" crowd... The credit said "original" music not "digital" music. Dave

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am

Quote:Quote:Hey Dave, very nice job on the "Digital Music"! I have to wonder who did the non-digital musicI can see I'll have to render larger versions of these for the "reading glasses" crowd... The credit said "original" music not "digital" music. Dave My mistake I'm going to blame it on my computer monitor

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:41 am

Dave,I thought it was strictly an audio clip or I would not have even tried. Then to my surprise the entire video played flawlessly. Very good work indeed. A little on the haunting side.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:44 am

Quote:Dave,I thought it was strictly an audio clip or I would not have even tried. Then to my surprise the entire video played flawlessly. Very good work indeed. A little on the haunting side.Dear Santa,Please send HoraceJesse a broadband connection. I'll take some of those virtual software instruments that Matto isn't using. Your friend,Dave

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Dave,Before the month is out I will have another ISP. It will still be dial-up, but a faster variety. They do no know if the song uploads will work with their service. I am hoping. Anyway, it will only cost $1 for the first three months, and as far as I know there are no hidden charges or any obligation to continue with them for a certain length of time.