at the risk of sounding like a suck-up . .

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gschmitt

at the risk of sounding like a suck-up . .

Post by gschmitt » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:37 am

is Lascow really as cool as he seems in all his letters and correspondence? lol. i mean, with retrospect, his image is a big reason why i decided to finally make the 300 dollar plunge (ouch, man! ) and join up. obviously, it wasn't the primary reason, but the whole down-to-earth good guy thing definitely eased my mind - though the wife is still wondering where the three bills went - maybe i should have her read one or two of his letters! anyway, despite my skepticism, i really hope so. this seems like a great organization, and so far, i'm glad to have joined. sorry for sounding like such a suck-ass! lol

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: at the risk of sounding like a suck-up . .

Post by anne » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:34 pm

2 others, with much more experience than I, joined after seeing the information and opportunities that were here. There are a lot of "A&R" companies that say "send us your money and we'll make you a rock star", and then there is Taxi. Since our intention in joining was to increase our exposure to film and tv placements, this is the place for us. Hope to see you at the rally!Anne

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Post by augustheat » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:19 pm

gschmitt:First a few disclaimers...Although I first met Michael when Taxi was getting off the ground, I didn't join until just last year, and that was primarily to attend the conference. To date, I haven't even submitted a song for review, and Michael probably wouldn't even know me from Adam. I had the pleasure of meeting him one other time, again many years ago, when he came to Minnesota to promote TAXI.All that being said, this guy genuinely cares not only about songwriters, but about people in general. He really wants us to succeed as music business professionals. Even though I haven't submitted anything, I have more than got value for my $$ from the seminar alone. Not sure if you're going to the Rally, but you'll find it has Michael's personality all over it. It starts at the top and trickles down...You won't be sorry for joining and plunking down the 3 bills.
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

gschmitt

Post by gschmitt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:24 am

Quote:gschmitt:First a few disclaimers...Although I first met Michael when Taxi was getting off the ground, I didn't join until just last year, and that was primarily to attend the conference. To date, I haven't even submitted a song for review, and Michael probably wouldn't even know me from Adam. I had the pleasure of meeting him one other time, again many years ago, when he came to Minnesota to promote TAXI.All that being said, this guy genuinely cares not only about songwriters, but about people in general. He really wants us to succeed as music business professionals. Even though I haven't submitted anything, I have more than got value for my $$ from the seminar alone. Not sure if you're going to the Rally, but you'll find it has Michael's personality all over it. It starts at the top and trickles down...You won't be sorry for joining and plunking down the 3 bills.thanx for that; it's the feeling i was getting