Organizing a benefit CD

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Organizing a benefit CD

Post by spariam » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:24 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to post it...Anybody ever put together a charity benefit compilation CD?I have the resources at hand, at least as far as my business/industry contacts and friends, to work with some major Celtic musicians/bands and local studios for a benefit project.This is in the very early stages of consideration, really just putting the idea together, but I'm trying to move to a somewhat more official planning stage in a few months. The charity involves a center for grieving children and families (due to death-related losses). I had started by planning on doing a local event/CD, but I've gotten some interest in taking it national. While this is a highly personal issue/benefit for me (and I plan on at least co-leading the project), I don't think I'll do it alone as far as the organizing. However, I'd really like some advice or to hear from anyone who's organized such a project.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Organizing a benefit CD

Post by andreh » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Spariam-I recently worked with the political activist group Energy Independence 2025 ( www.ei2025.org ) on a promotional music CD for their cause (my song was the headliner! ). If you click on the left-most of the large square icons near the top of their main page, you'll get some info about the project.If you think this is related enough to your project, let me know and I'll pick the CEO's brain for ya.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:55 am

Andre,I think the idea is close enough. Basically I'm just trying to get a compilation CD together with proceeds to go to the charity. National acts (mostly) and national distribution - if I get the musicians/bands we have contact with. Yeah, if you can get info, that would be great. If you like, I'll send you a private message with details when I get a few minutes... --doug

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:08 am

Yes, details would be helpful...maybe I can put you directly in touch with my contact.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.