Johnny wants sympathy.!!!!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Johnny wants sympathy.!!!!

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:30 pm

Do you know I'm really p**sed,no I mean really really p**ssed.Been working away,everything going great,even the "live audio"hours and hours of work.Touched the Mouse by accident,don't even really know what I done.Programme say's "error got to close"EVERYTHING GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can hear the resounding cheers from all my friends???? at Taxi.Forgot to save.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Johnny wants sympathy.!!!!

Post by hummingbird » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:59 pm

yikes, that's anybody's worst nightmare. I can imagine how much work you'll have to do to replace those tracks. I just got an external hard drive to back up all my work and you've just reminded me to get it happening.Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Yeah I know the feeling man...that SUCKS. Has happened to me too...more times than I care to admit . I now have my application set to autosave every 15 minutes, I was getting sick of losing hours of work. Sure it happens only very rarely...that's why you forget to save in the first place...

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey JD, that sucks man...I hope you can recapture the magic. Maybe you can ask gonecountry to help you re-write some of the lyrics you lost. AndrePS - Maybe it's my obsessive/compulsive nature (which for once appears to be a positive attribute), but I save my sessions after just about every edit, and sometimes twice. Once you get in the habit, you won't be able to break it.
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:51 pm

Quote:Hey JD, that sucks man...I hope you can recapture the magic. Maybe you can ask gonecountry to help you re-write some of the lyrics you lost. AndrePS - Maybe it's my obsessive/compulsive nature (which for once appears to be a positive attribute), but I save my sessions after just about every edit, and sometimes twice. Once you get in the habit, you won't be able to break it.I usually save Andre but it was going so well I quite simply forgot.I have re-done and got a better vibe so it's not all bad news.Thanks for your time.JBTW,No Lyrics

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Quote:Yeah I know the feeling man...that SUCKS. Has happened to me too...more times than I care to admit . I now have my application set to autosave every 15 minutes, I was getting sick of losing hours of work. Sure it happens only very rarely...that's why you forget to save in the first place...Thanks Matto.J

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Quote:yikes, that's anybody's worst nightmare. I can imagine how much work you'll have to do to replace those tracks. I just got an external hard drive to back up all my work and you've just reminded me to get it happening.Hummin'birdThank you Ms Bird for your time.J

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:22 am

Glad you bounced back JD. I think we've all had to get slapped with that a few times. I don't always remember to save even though I should've learned that lesson by now. I was saved a few times by a feature in Cool Edit Pro that when it crashes, it stuffs everything in a temp file and when you restart you can pick up pretty much where you left off. Most of the time. But I have learned it doesn't always work. But you did the right thing. Get back on that tune and pick up a better vibe. Good on ya.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:32 am

Quote:Glad you bounced back JD. I think we've all had to get slapped with that a few times. I don't always remember to save even though I should've learned that lesson by now. I was saved a few times by a feature in Cool Edit Pro that when it crashes, it stuffs everything in a temp file and when you restart you can pick up pretty much where you left off. Most of the time. But I have learned it doesn't always work. But you did the right thing. Get back on that tune and pick up a better vibe. Good on ya.Thanks Ed.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:15 am

Bummer, dude! Similar thing happened to me last week, so I sympathize. My Giga PC kept crashing when I was trying to do a mix. Half of the instruments on the piece were on that PC.Anybody know a good computer tech in "The Valley?"Ern