Re: It's Hot In Herre...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 am

Yesterday afternoon, with triple digits outside and no air conditioner inside, I did something I haven't done in a long time. I turned off all my studio equipment. I went to everything on the rack, the little power strips, monitor, cd player, keyboard, etc. Usually I leave it on so there's less effort as I fit extra studio time into my day. But when I touched them, the equipment was literally hot!!!! I'm going for fans today but I'll turn it off when I'm done. Stay cool...Nomi

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:02 am

I've got a small AC unit in my studio, a large fan, and a small fan --- and it's STILL almost too hot to work!If you can believe it, the S. San Fernando Valley reached 119 Degrees yesterday !!! Yikes! Ern

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:18 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Ern

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:15 am

119??????????????? Yikes. I thought it was bad in the Bay Area with 109. Do you get smog like LA in the valley? Must be terrible air downtown!!!

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:43 pm

We just got power back here So. of St. Louis, and 100 F! It's been a bitch, folks!

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Ok we got "It's getting Hot in Herrre so take off all your clothes"How about "It's too hot, too hot baby, better run for shelter, better run for shade"Or "Ninety-six degrees in the shade, too hot in the shade"Or "Coming in hot hot hot, fire in a firing shot shot shot"Or "Gonna have some hot stuff baby this evening"More on the theme?

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:03 pm

Ya'll should just come down to New Orleans to cool off, it's down right chilly right now.Yesterday at 8:00 pm it was 94
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:51 pm

Quote:BTW: How's your neighbor? Well, he's going crazy again with the heat. My wife was watering the other day, and he sounded like a snake: "Ssssssssick!" Then he said "Get out of here!" -- We have a right to be on common property, and our attorney is going to take care of it. --- Unfortunately, we may have to sue this asshole. --- I'll let you guys know what happens.Ern

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Hey, we're down to 102 today! Almost balmy --- I tried to work at my studio on Monday. It felt like I had to grow gills like a fish to process the oxygen out of the air. After an hour, I left. What a drag. I'll try again tomorrow.Hey Nomi, to answer your question, yes the Valley has terrible air, and I don't even go outside during the day. I'm a Northern boy and really hate it. If my wife didn't have such a good job, we'd probably move. Oh, well, I'm working on some Christmas music to stay cool!Ern

mrbassman

Post by mrbassman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am

uuuuh... and I thought it's hot were I am.We had between 95 to 100 F for the last 4 weeks without any rain. And I can tell you: that's not normal for central europe.Anyway, it's the best summer we've ever experience since my wife and I moved to an appartement on the beach of Lake Constance Chris