hello you guys !!!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

katievogel

hello you guys !!!

Post by katievogel » Wed May 17, 2006 9:29 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, from the UK so I thought I would jump straight in feet first and say hi on this forum cuz I noticed this is the busiest and the newbies forum dont get checked out as much.I joined Taxi last week, heard a lot of good things about it, especially the listings, the reviews and the rally, so I'm raring to go, any useful tips from you veterans would be madly appreciated, cuz looking at the listing opps I'm not really too sure about excatly which ones my style fits into.Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I sure hope someone pops in to say hi, otherwise I'm gonna feel a bit of a twit !!BestKatiewww.myspace.com/thatvogel

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: hello you guys !!!

Post by jeffchurchwell » Wed May 17, 2006 10:21 am

Katie,Greetings from Chicago! I'm new here myself, but I can tell you the folks here are quite friendly, responsive, informative and nurturing. And critical (in a good way) when you need them to be.Do you have links to your music? I'm sure we'd all love to hear what you're up to.Welcome aboard!Jeff

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffchurchwell » Wed May 17, 2006 10:38 am

Katie,ah, yes.. MySpace, just saw the link.... holy smokes! "Empty" is a winner. Great lyric, great voice, great production. My only comment would be that the piano needs to liven up a bit, and not just be the rhythm instrument. Try some inversions on those chords, and maybe let it have a little fun in the bridge. Not strictly necessary, but after awhile I got to noticing that the piano never changes, not even subtly, and it was actually the lack of change that was distracting. One man's opinion.Feel free to rip on me myspace.com/jeffchurchwellmusicJeff

katievogel

Post by katievogel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:39 am

Hi Jeff,thanks for the welcome, and great to "meet" you,thanks also for wanting to hear what I'm up to, lol !!the links are www.myspace.com/thatvogel www.broadjam.com/leeandco/katievogeland www.letstalkmusic.com/katyvI'd love a link to your stuff too, bestKatie

katievogel

Post by katievogel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:45 am

see I'm on the ball, checked u out too,great guitar work on Kaleidescope, was tappin my feet like a good un !!!!thanks again Jeff for popping my Taxi cherryKatie

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed May 17, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Katy! We have to stop meeting like this! Welcome to this world.Folks, if you don't already know, Katy has incredible talent... Check out the music at: www.myspace.com/thatvogel Casey

katievogel

Post by katievogel » Wed May 17, 2006 11:09 am

hey yippeeeeee, I know someone here !!!!!!!!!!!!!hi Casey, dont feel so lonesome now, and gee thanks for the awesome complimentI'm so glad cuz you know my stuff a bit eh ? and I'm really gonna need some direction on what listings are gonna be good for me, its all a little bit confusing right now, I'm sat here with credit card in hand dithering and dithering, by the time I suss it out the listings will be expired lol !!Katieps are there any "others" that I know here too

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed May 17, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi Katie...welcome aboard.I listened to some of your music...great stuff! Full of character.Are you interested in writing for specific listings in different styles, or are you only looking to place your existing music (which wouldn't be a bad thing by any means)?You have a charming voice...if you're interested in singing on some of my future submissions, I'd love to include you. Do you have any more up-tempo music examples?Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffchurchwell » Wed May 17, 2006 1:28 pm

Quote:see I'm on the ball, checked u out too,great guitar work on Kaleidescope, was tappin my feet like a good un !!!!(Jeff -- blushing)thanks again Jeff for popping my Taxi cherry(Jeff -- REALLY blushing)Katieer, thank YOU, Katie.Enjoy the ride. Jeff

katievogel

Post by katievogel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi Andreh,thanks for the welcome and checking me out,I would absolutely love to do collaborations and such, but at this time I just cannot afford to record anything but my own stuff, I still have at least 10 new songs that I need to get down, and have to work at my day job for at least a month before I can afford to record each one, cuz i dont have a home recording facility.I really want to get some of my recordings into the system asap just to find out where I go next !I'm in the running on several internet compatitions to try and win a home recording outfit, so if i ever do win one i'll be there with bells on to record some of your songs.Thanks again for the offer,luvKatie