Music Library Contract

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Music Library Contract

Post by sgs4u » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 am

Well, I can't hold this against MrGongchime. As much as inappropriate language and behavior is to be avoided, all these cats listing with Taxi have lived with the mistakes they themselves have made. And I have to be honest with you, my quirky personality, is sometimes exactly why some people like working with me. We're all human. Lighten up, you Taxi Police bastards. I'm not recommending that anyone start a campaign to get all nasty with potential users of your music! Anyone who chooses to communicate with an adversarial language, will not likely get as many placements. But not all relationships are about meeting someone's exact music needs. Everything we do, is part of our reputation. It can enhance or destroy your odds of placements. you know I love you all

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Steve,I'm not asking anyone to stifle their natural selves but there's common courtesy things that one "should" follow, particularly if it's their first deal. Most of these things I'm thinking of are learned in Grammar school. So go get your blanket and take a nap! Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Quote: Lighten up, you Taxi Police bastards. HA! Is that coming from you, Steve? LOL!! Steve, you are right that we've all made mistakes and, at times, learned hard lessons. I'm no different than you or anybody else- messed up some early things. It's just the magnitude of this person's attitude was way beyond one of those "learning" mistakes. It was pretty high on the Richter scale. The music business is no different than anything else we step into in life. Nastiness and arrogance, bridge-burning, and destroying professional relationships are bad for business... And the behavior doesn't do anyone a whole lotta good with friends and loved ones (potential or current) either. OK, I turn in my badge now... 'Nuff said... Casey

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Quote:Of course it makes Taxi look bad! Unless ML contacts the company and apologizes for this asses (eeee aaaaaawww) behavior we all suffer.Quote:Andre,Think about it...OK, let's say TAXI worked hard to bring in a new client, convincing them that they could get good music from TAXI's membership. The client gets this attitude from a TAXI member whose music was selected and then says, "If this is what I get from working with TAXI, forget it. Never again." It absolutely can make TAXI look bad, mainly if it is a new relationship. Putting myself in the listing party's shoes, I don't think I would respond in the way you guys are describing. Holding the unprofessional and/or disrespectful behavior of one individual against a company whose service is providing excellent music seems a bit narrow minded in itself. If I were looking for excellent composers I would continue to seek them thru Taxi, despite this example, if TAXI is consistently sending quality new writers my way.There are a couple other reasons I don't think this is as big a deal to TAXI as it may seem. For one, TAXI themselves don't seem to express concern over our dealings with potential clients as it pertains to TAXI (beyond the request that we not post company names on their forum). [This may also be because TAXI doesn't want to scare away potential members who have bad people skills.]In addition, with 6% of 28,000 members' music being forwarded to various listing parties, TAXI would have zero clients left by now if they were as sensitive to individuals' behavior as is described in this thread.I am NOT advocating Greg's approach in his email...he's certainly not doing any favors for himself, and it's not gonna make the listing party jump for joy either. But I'm not losing any sleep fretting over Taxi folding due to this, or any other member's correspondence, not meeting the level of professionalism that it "should."If I'm wrong about this, I'd be happy to have a TAXI rep chime in and correct me. That would also mean adding some lines in their literature if they hope to make a meaningful number of people aware of their views; we forum dwellers seem to be a pretty small (but important ) percentage of their membership base.André
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.