Production practice?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Production practice?

Post by anne » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:32 am

Hello all - I am posting this here since some of you may be great writers but not so great at recording or mixing. I'm taking some mixing / mastering classes and I need to practice. Since I'm still slow in writing in different styles, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send stems (.wav files of each track or submix) or 2 track mixed files (.wav preferably) to me to use in practicing. I can send them back after I work on them and if you like them, great, go ahead and use them all you want. If not, then you can delete them.I don't want to use your music for anything except for honing my skills in production on different styles of music. I'm willing to work on most anything, and if I don't "get" the style or the song, I just would let you know so you wouldn't be waiting on something for a long time. Thanks!Anne

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Production practice?

Post by geo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 pm

Hey Anne, I suck at production, really (typings an issue too, I've had a few) and not too computer savy either. You say stems, I think... well anyway listen, or read, what type of system do you use? I just have a Korg D1200 but I can save each track (12) separately and transfer to my computer. My near future move is to a Mac based system but would love to have someone esle approach the music so I cam see what;s possible. What kind of turn around time is possible? (deadlines on l;istings) Would this happen through email? The music is basically rock but draws a couple of different influences. My only thing would be I would want to know how you acheived certain sounds/effects.www.taxi.com/geoShoot me a PM if you're interested... Geo