Professional bio?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Professional bio?

Post by ncc1701 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:36 pm

I got this comment on my photo and bio from a recent review:"good photo.. ' what i want is to hear my music on the radio'.. great goal.. limit the personal history and focus on career related info for these companies.. gigs, local press and airplay, when it comes.."This particular listing didn't even ask for a photo and bio, so I'm wondering why it even got considered.I just posted all that stuff to give people something to read if they visited the site to listen to the songs. I'm not interested in submitting to artist listings, so I don't have a fancy polished site for that. But this got me thinking: Should I? Even though I'm not aiming for deals as a performer - should my TAXI hosting site be more professional because people could conceivably Google it? Hmm. Never thought of that.Any ideas?Kathleen

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Professional bio?

Post by hummingbird » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Anything you have online should reflect your professional image, including your Taxi hosting site. You just never know who might be looking. At minimum, have a good elevator pitch posted there.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Professional bio?

Post by ncc1701 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Elevator pitch ... oh! Like, you end up in an elevator with a publisher and have the next 10 or 15 seconds to make your impression, right?Got it. I'll take the silly Halloween photos off.Kathleen