psycho nightmare jazz?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

psycho nightmare jazz?

Post by silvercord » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am

Boo!hey allin case any of you wanted to take a weird trip without all of thosenasty pillz excess amounts of unsaid liquid..i humbly present prophecy from the black lodgesomething i threw up(not literally;) on taxi tonighti have always loved twin peaks, hence the reference aboutthe spooky and strange black lodge: )this song was a weird and wild event...everything was basicallyin real time...even the mixing and manipulation of the am radio('cept for the crazy slow motion vocals)..it was back in the day(well..at least back in the day for me..so forgive that 8 track analoge sound if its a bit....8 track for ya;)this is probably something you would not sit the kids aroundon a sunday morning to all listen to...or even pop in the cd playeron a dark night..but i thought it would be good for some crazymessed up scene in a horror movie,..what do you all think?im curious as usual: )here's the linkhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=103276&stream=1and if that doesn't work( i don't know whats up but people have been saying sometimes links to songs on taxi don't work)please mosey on over here:www.taxi.com/silvercordpeace (and happy nightmares!)geoff

shwnklly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: psycho nightmare jazz?

Post by shwnklly » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 am

Quote: Boo!hey allin case any of you wanted to take a weird trip without all of thosenasty pillz excess amounts of unsaid liquid..i humbly present prophecy from the black lodgesomething i threw up(not literally;) on taxi tonighti have always loved twin peaks, hence the reference aboutthe spooky and strange black lodge: )this song was a weird and wild event...everything was basicallyin real time...even the mixing and manipulation of the am radio('cept for the crazy slow motion vocals)..it was back in the day(well..at least back in the day for me..so forgive that 8 track analoge sound if its a bit....8 track for ya;)this is probably something you would not sit the kids aroundon a sunday morning to all listen to...or even pop in the cd playeron a dark night..but i thought it would be good for some crazymessed up scene in a horror movie,..what do you all think?im curious as usual: )here's the linkhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=103276&stream=1and if that doesn't work( i don't know whats up but people have been saying sometimes links to songs on taxi don't work)please mosey on over here:www.taxi.com/silvercordpeace (and happy nightmares!)geoffMy cup of tea! Is the title a reference to Twin Peaks. Liked the vibe, I could even hear some distorted vocals on top. Maybe good as a sound bed for a spoken word piece. Good work!-Shawn

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:25 am

Dude,That's definitely a psycho nightmare! I had to keep looking behind my back while I was typing. Gotta' turn that thing off. Good work Geoff.ibanez468

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Ibanez..muhaha thanks man~cool;) thats the effect i wanted: )and Shawn..yup...i was a big twin peaks fan~(the stuff these days like inland empire..is just too abstract forme...)nothing was more haunting than the end of the 1st season of twin peaks..it was only 1 of two shows/movies that totally freakedme out.; ) maybe come halloween time there will be a need for whackedstuff like this!peace guys~geoff

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Bauhaus fan? Got a little bit of that vibe, creepy and imaginative, wish I wasn't dry... Geo

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 pm

amazing...you're really getting a great sound....me scared Since we're kindred spirits on the weirdness... I recently played on an album that you might find very interesting (reviewed in 'the wire' last issue)listen to:conducted improvisation piece number 6http://myspace.com/moestaianomoekestraI know you'll appreciate this....two bands in different rooms....I'm sure most around here will hate it.... is that bad forum etiquette?enjoy,Vicky

jacowoody

Post by jacowoody » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:05 am

I think you are very disturbed. I loved it. What does that say about me?

dpenn
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dpenn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Totally loved it. Has some of that early 70's electric Miles vibe, yet modern. Good job and I look forward to hearing more!Dave

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Thanks Dave, Jacoit means allot to me that im not the only freeeeeaaaaak here;)Geo..i know of Bauhaus..but havent heard any of their recordings besides Bela Legosi's(sp?) dead...the influence is mostly from Angela Badalamenti('sagain with the sp?) music from David Lynch's twin peaks~ Vicky..checked out improv #6...hehe very coolmy mind is split in 2....you were on the right side, correct?was it you that was shouting?^^neatthe Improv #4 was cool too..did you perform on that one?i really hear Steve Riech in this..(esp Desert Music)and i love minimalism! 4 realwhat part did you play in t his? (bass ofcourse?)i wish i could create a blend of minimalism and space rock someday soon~

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 am

Well done! Great stuff! I love this kind of stuff too so I'll gladly join the freak parade!! I'm a fan of minimalism and post-minimalism (John Adams, Arvo Part) as well. I thought you might like this CD, it's an amazing band from the UK called Alarm Will Sound and they transcribed the music of Aphex Twin and performed it on acoustic instruments, it's called Acoustica: http://www.amazon.com/Acoustica-Alarm-So....3957 309&sr=8-5Cheers,Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!