qr code for taxi artist page on badge?

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ochaim
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

qr code for taxi artist page on badge?

Post by ochaim » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm

from this week’s taxitv episode regarding networking with tracy and vance, qr codes for member websites on badges came up. since a lot of members dont have websites, the idea was put aside.

just a thought, but would it be helpful for those without a website have the qr code be directed to their taxi page instead? the page is included in the membership and would mostly entail making sure theres a presentable photo, bio and cleaning up the tracks that appear publicly.

i agree that having your own website is ideal, but for those who cant have one, for whatever reason, the taxi member page provides the basics. since it is being used at a taxi convention, the taxi branding of the site wont appear awkward.

i’m not sure how helpful it would be but the qr code on the name badge is a very novel idea.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: qr code for taxi artist page on badge?

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:48 pm

I think a QR code to a website of your songs is a great idea whether it be Taxi page, Disco, Soundcloud, personal site, etc. I would be careful to make it a page that you monitor well for what the current content is since you don't know when the person who got your card will visit.

I would still spell out your web address as well for those old fashioned folks.

:D Casey