Question about music libraries....

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kimdr
Active
Active

Question about music libraries....

Post by kimdr » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 pm

So one of my songs has been forwarded to a music library, if they decide that they like it/want more, I'm guessing for review purposes MP3's would be fine. But if they want the music to add to their library, do I send them a wav file? And what would be the best way to send it to them? Thanks for any answers.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Question about music libraries....

Post by hummingbird » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi, congrats on the forward!!

Each library is different. Some will have you email an mp3 for review. Others will have you upload a wav or aiff for review. They are all different. Some have a website portal, some use FTP, some use drop box, etc. Each has its own way of reviewing tracks for consideration from their signed composers.

When (if) they reach out to you with a contact, they will also provide information on how they want the tracks delivered. I try to get the contract back to them within a day, and the track delivered to them as they specify.

Hope that helps!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

kimdr
Active
Active

Re: Question about music libraries....

Post by kimdr » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm

hummingbird wrote:Hi, congrats on the forward!!

Each library is different. Some will have you email an mp3 for review. Others will have you upload a wav or aiff for review. They are all different. Some have a website portal, some use FTP, some use drop box, etc. Each has its own way of reviewing tracks for consideration from their signed composers.

When (if) they reach out to you with a contact, they will also provide information on how they want the tracks delivered. I try to get the contract back to them within a day, and the track delivered to them as they specify.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the quick answer, and yes it helped! Thanks again.