Question about placements & PROs

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VanGo

Question about placements & PROs

Post by VanGo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Howdy folks, quick question:

Finally got a track placed, show will air in couple of days. Some other libs that I have tracks in (but not placements yet) have already registered the tracks with ASCAP, but

the track that got placed is NOT yet showing up in ASCAP. Is this anything to be concerned about? Or do they often wait until the end of the quarter or half to send it in?

Thanks!

Chris D.

magicjuani
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Question about placements & PROs

Post by magicjuani » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:31 am

VanGo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Finally got a track placed, show will air in couple of days. Some other libs that I have tracks in (but not placements yet) have already registered the tracks with ASCAP, but

the track that got placed is NOT yet showing up in ASCAP. Is this anything to be concerned about? Or do they often wait until the end of the quarter or half to send it in?

Thanks!

Chris D.
Congrats on the placement!
Hmm I think there is nothing to worry about so far. This lib may have waited to register a batch of songs on ASCAP and it takes up to 72h here in France at SACEM to see any track up in the repertoire.
As a Michael Jackson fan, I scoured his BMI page to see what new registered tracks would potentially make the 2014 posthumous release and they only appeared after the release. :P
Maybe someone more experienced with ASCAP can bring further details.

Keep an eye on it days after the show premiere, make a note on your computer etc. and as long as they have all the info needed for the registration (ISRC, splits etc.) I think everything is going to be fine 8-)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 am

VanGo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Thanks!

Chris D.
Happens quite a lot that they don't even register until there is a placement

VanGo

Post by VanGo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:26 am

Thank you, magic juani and cosmic dolphin!

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:12 pm

I wouldn't worry at all, this has happened to me many, many times. I've even had it where the placements rolled in far before tracks were registered, the payment still arrived and everything worked out just fine. Congrats on the placement!

VanGo

Post by VanGo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 pm

Thanks, Mark!