Question about sending BIAB files

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Question about sending BIAB files

Post by jchitty » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:25 am

I recently made a Band In A Box rough demo because I'm collaborating with a fellow TAXI member. I was able to send them the mp3 of the song, but they have also requested my BIAB file which contains all the chords, etc.Does anyone know how to link or send a BIAB file to another person via e-mail or a PM? Do you have to send it as an attachment? I'm still very new to this all, and I'm just now learning BIAB and all its features.BTW, I owe folks some PMs.....but I've been working on songs a lot lately and I'm pressed for time, so I will try to answer those PMs as soon as possible....sorry for that.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question about sending BIAB files

Post by crs7string » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:14 am

You should be able to compose an email and the insert the BIAB file. When you go to insert file, you browse your hard drive for the file you want to insert.You also have the ability in BIAB to save a file as a standard midi file and email that file. Each file is very small so there is no file limitation to email. I would probably send each file, one could be used in BIAB the other in a sequencing program and tweaked with probably better sounds.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question about sending BIAB files

Post by jchitty » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:20 am

Quote:You should be able to compose an email and the insert the BIAB file. When you go to insert file, you browse your hard drive for the file you want to insert.You also have the ability in BIAB to save a file as a standard midi file and email that file. Each file is very small so there is no file limitation to email. I would probably send each file, one could be used in BIAB the other in a sequencing program and tweaked with probably better sounds.ChuckThanks, Chuck! This is exactly what I wanted to know....it's such a simple thing, but it's my first time around doing all this, and I had an idea about it, but I wanted to make sure I was doing it properly.