Question about Submissions

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tinah

Question about Submissions

Post by Tinah » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:15 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've debated about joining TAXI for like 4 years now... I finally made it!

Anyways, just a quick question re: submissions. I noticed that there were two listings for sexy alt-pop/EDM music that went to the same music director (you can tell because the blurb below what they're looking for is identical in both instances). In your experience, if you had a fitting song, would you submit to only one of the listings or both?!

I find it odd that if my song could fit in a couple different scenes, that one submission wouldn't work? Why would I submit to two separate listings for the same music director?!?!? Does someone have a compelling case for me to do so?

Figured it was important to know now so I don't miss future opportunities.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate any answers that may help :)
T

Tinah

Re: Question about Submissions

Post by Tinah » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:31 pm

CTWF wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:25 am
Tinah wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:15 pm
I noticed that there were two listings for sexy alt-pop/EDM music
I only see one. The other one is for FUN alt-pop/EDM - maybe that answers the question?

Tom
Hi Tom,

I submitted to the one that was expiring first. The other one that is for the same music director is this one: S210220ED. I just didn't submit to it yet because it didn't seem necessary. Thoughts anyone?

Thank you,
Tina

Tinah

Post by Tinah » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:57 pm

All good, I emailed whether I could submit my song now, even though it's technically late, and also asked the same questions... I'm awaiting a response.

Thanks Tom!
T

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:18 pm

Generally, if I have a song that **FITS**two similar listings, I submit to both. Just read carefully to see if the requirements truly are the same. As others mentioned, one might be for style A and the other style B. If your song might straddle the line between the styles, definitely submit to both. But if it really only fits one of the styles, submit to that one.

HTH
Casey