Question about submissions

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grynch

Question about submissions

Post by grynch » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:35 am

Can you submit 2 sets of submissions? Ex: I have 6 songs appropriate for a listing but the listing asks for 2 to 3 songs. Can I make 2 seperate submissions - each with 3 songs?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Question about submissions

Post by Casey H » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:42 am

Yes

grynch

Post by grynch » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:44 am

Thanks!

gen5020
Active
Active

Post by gen5020 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 am

If I may piggyback on the question. Whenever I submit 2 - 3 songs for a listing, it seems that they are either all rejected or all are forwarded. It makes me wonder if I should be submitting the songs seperately instead of as a group (on broadjam). Am I paronoid? Have others had reviewers forward one or two songs in a group and not forward the others? Just curious.

grynch

Post by grynch » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:19 pm

Quote:If I may piggyback on the question. Whenever I submit 2 - 3 songs for a listing, it seems that they are either all rejected or all are forwarded. It makes me wonder if I should be submitting the songs seperately instead of as a group (on broadjam). Am I paronoid? Have others had reviewers forward one or two songs in a group and not forward the others? Just curious.I've had 1 or 2 forwarded and not the other.

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:51 pm

When I was submitting CDs, they were either all FWDed or all returned. When I joined the late 20th century and got on Broadjam, I've had some FWDed and others not from the same submission. However, a reviewer once said that he thought one was on target, but the other wasn't, but FWDed both non the less.Go figure

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:45 pm

Quote:If I may piggyback on the question. Whenever I submit 2 - 3 songs for a listing, it seems that they are either all rejected or all are forwarded. It makes me wonder if I should be submitting the songs seperately instead of as a group (on broadjam). Am I paronoid? Have others had reviewers forward one or two songs in a group and not forward the others? Just curious.I've had it both ways (forwards, that is). All forwarded as well as one or two out of a group of three. Of course, my most popular scenerio is having none forwarded. Now that I think of it, I was using Broadjam for the submissions I was thinking about. I'm back to sending CD's and I've only had all or none. Hmmm... I wonder if there's anything to that? My understanding is that CD's are forwarded as is and Broadjam forwards are burned to a CD or CD's as a group. Another piggy-back question, but related. Does or would Taxi take a single track off a CD and include with the Broadjam group CD(s) or would the entire CD be forwarded or returned as a whole?Dave