Question for those that have found success

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Mmichaelis
Active
Active

Re: Question for those that have found success

Post by Mmichaelis » Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 am

RonKujawa wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 pm
I have been a member since 2011 or 2012. I did Dispatch for a year once a few years ago. It seemed like it was worth it at the time, but I honestly don't recall if I got a deal directly from one of the listings. Half of my library deals have come directly through TAXI and half are from cold emailing libraries.

If I remember correctly, the Dispatch listings tend to have a much quicker turnaround time, so it could be good if you are versatile and fast. If you aren't, then Dispatch might be a challenge.

Hope that helps.

Ron

Hey Ron, How did you find libraries to cold email? I have music that was returned from dispatch listings because they weren’t the right style, but I still believe they are forwardable. I’ve always wanted to try to get those places somewhere

DavidH

Post by DavidH » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:05 am
Dave this is Taxi’s main number 818-222-2464. Just ask to have your email added to the Dispatch listings coz you want to see if it will be beneficial for you.

You can also email them. Just click “Contact Us” on the menu. Good luck, John

Cool thanks Johnny. Im in UK so won't call :-) but i will drop them a line. thanks

RonKujawa
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by RonKujawa » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am

Mmichaelis wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 am
Hey Ron, How did you find libraries to cold email? I have music that was returned from dispatch listings because they weren’t the right style, but I still believe they are forwardable. I’ve always wanted to try to get those places somewhere
You just have to search and research. I have Googled "production music libraries" and I've come across lists from people that have done similar. Then it's a matter of going to their websites, or doing whatever research you can to investigate whether your music and what they do might be a good fit. I have also found good libraries by attending the Rally.

I have also looked through cue sheets where I have placements to see what other publishers are getting placements on the same show. Google those publishers, and I can identify those libraries and determine if it's valuable to reach out to them.