Question for those who have received deals...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question for those who have received deals...

Post by matto » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:03 am

That's good advice...of course it doesn't help with the forwards he's already gotten which have the current email. In my case I've found it rare to have an email from a publisher/library end up in the junkmail folder, but this will probably vary depending on your email program and filter settings. I still check my junkmail folder daily though.As far as the phone, I think it would be rare for somebody not to leave a message...unless they thought they had the wrong number, so you can help them by mentioning your name in the OGM.Also, I've found that putting your number on the "do not call list" cuts down big time on phone solicitations, so if you haven't already done that I highly recommend it.matto

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Folks,Thanks for all of the input. This really helps to narrow things down a bit. I really do appreciate everyone's feedback. Now I know better what to look for. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to make that identification somewhere down the line.ibanez468

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:35 pm

Quote:Folks,Thanks for all of the input. This really helps to narrow things down a bit. I really do appreciate everyone's feedback. Now I know better what to look for. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to make that identification somewhere down the line.ibanez468My experiences have been similar to what others have said. It's always been really clear that the email or phone call was about music that came thru TAXI. Except once - there was this children's music deal that happened during my first year and the person who sent the response email was clueless. I can't remember the exact subject line now but I came sooooo close to deleting it. When I contacted them back I told them they really needed to explain this was about a music deal in the subject line. It was a complete fluke that I didn't delete it.On the other hand, this particular company still seems to be completely clueless and has yet to release their "project" from almost 3 years ago. Maybe I should have deleted it... cb