Question on Forwards

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ToddB

Question on Forwards

Post by ToddB » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:51 am

Hi Fellow Taxi members-
I received a few forwards for exclusive deals. How long do you wait before pitching those tunes to other libraries?
Thanks for your help.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question on Forwards

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Don't wait.

Taxi submissions don't necessarily lead to to forwards, and forwards don't necessarily lead to library offers (nothing to do with Taxi), so until you get an offer back from a library as a result of a forward I would continue to submit to other Taxi opportunities (provided you haven't assigned the track to anyone else).

According to members here, responses to forwards can come back any time from the next day to several weeks later or in extreme cases even as long as a year (or quite often, never). If there's nothing after 3-4 weeks though I'd assume there's a fair chance that they're not interested.

Conversely, in the wider world beyond Taxi (yes, there is one ;)) I would generally only submit to one new library at a time and wait a few weeks for their response, then if they don't respond I'd send a polite reminder before moving on. Its a slow process but its better to avoid letting a library down once you've offered them your music (you don't want to earn a reputation for doing that). If you do get an offer from a library (via Taxi or otherwise) after you've moved on then politely inform them that your track is no longer available but you'd be happy to make some more tracks like it. If you're lucky you might just get another 'in' with them too! :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.