Question on Road Rally Listening Panel-Instrumentals/Cue submissions

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Colleen

Question on Road Rally Listening Panel-Instrumentals/Cue submissions

Post by Colleen » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 am

Hi Folks--I'm noticing that there is no limit mentioned for number of instrumental/cues one can submit for the Road Rally listening panels?
Is this right? I feel like I might be missing something--?

Thanks for your feedback
Colleen

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Question on Road Rally Listening Panel-Instrumentals/Cue submissions

Post by Casey H » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:02 pm

Colleen wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 am
Hi Folks--I'm noticing that there is no limit mentioned for number of instrumental/cues one can submit for the Road Rally listening panels?
Is this right? I feel like I might be missing something--?

Thanks for your feedback
Colleen
Hey Colleen
I had the same question and contacted Taxi. There is no limit. However when they select random tracks for listening, they will skip a track if the member already had a song played at the panel.

Note to everyone: The listings all say your track cannot be signed with any publishers or libraries.

Good luck!
:D Casey

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 am

Thnx Casey, for asking Taxi directly and for clearing it up for me(:
Colleen

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Curious. So if I do, say, submit 100 cues for one panel, my odds of being randomly selected are much higher than if I submit just one. It doesn't matter that I don't get picked again, after 'stuffing' the submission box I will have have ensured my chances of getting picked early. To be honest, it doesn't really seem right.

Maybe if each person gets one chance (regardless of how many submissions), and then when picked they get their choice of the multiple submissions? That seems more fair. Or paper-clip a USD20 bill to each submission after the first? :lol:

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Curious. So if I do, say, submit 100 cues for one panel, my odds of being randomly selected are much higher than if I submit just one. It doesn't matter that I don't get picked again, after 'stuffing' the submission box I will have have ensured my chances of getting picked early. To be honest, it doesn't really seem right.

Maybe if each person gets one chance (regardless of how many submissions), and then when picked they get their choice of the multiple submissions? That seems more fair. Or paper-clip a USD20 bill to each submission after the first? :lol:
You'd have to ask Taxi if they will flag if someone submits a ton of tracks. At some point it can't possibly be worth the cost (100 cues = $500!). If you are seriously concerned, drop them a note. :D

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Casey H wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm
AlanHall wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 pm

You'd have to ask Taxi if they will flag if someone submits a ton of tracks. At some point it can't possibly be worth the cost (100 cues = $500!). If you are seriously concerned, drop them a note. :D
Thanks for the reply, Casey. No, I'm not really concerned - just felt I'd take the though experiment's strategy to an extreme. Certainly not worth tons of cash, as members here will critique for free in the P2P.