Question: Patriotic American Rock Song Listing

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SJW11

Question: Patriotic American Rock Song Listing

Post by SJW11 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:18 am

After reading the listing --TAXI # S200714PA -- it seems like a straight up request for patriotic rock songs. However, maybe this is where too much knowledge is a bad thing...two songs that are being offered as examples fit the sonic genre -- but are way off lyrically from what is being requested as part of the lyric tip. "Born in the USA" and "Pink Houses" were tongue in cheek lyrical jabs at either American life or how we treated our vets...so is it patriotic or a not so overt patriotic jab?

Just curious

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question: Patriotic American Rock Song Listing

Post by AlanHall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 am

I don't know the Kid rock song, maybe that would seal the deal as "references we got directly from" the listing agency is clear. Maybe they're looking at supporting those who've served in the face of an ambivalent public response.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 am

SJW11 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:18 am
"Born in the USA" and "Pink Houses" were tongue in cheek lyrical jabs at either American life or how we treated our vets...so is it patriotic or a not so overt patriotic jab?
I think it's a case of the masses disregarding the intent of the artist and adopting the songs

SJW11

Post by SJW11 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 am
SJW11 wrote:
"Born in the USA" and "Pink Houses" were tongue in cheek lyrical jabs at either American life or how we treated our vets...so is it patriotic or a not so overt patriotic jab?
I think it's a case of the masses disregarding the intent of the artist and adopting the songs
I think you may be right...now I have to wonder whether the screener will feel the same way about my tune :D

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:41 am

SJW11 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 am
SJW11 wrote:
I think you may be right...now I have to wonder whether the screener will feel the same way about my tune :D
You never know...Great song writing trumps all