Question: Singer/Songwriter "Growing Together"

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crush
Active
Active

Question: Singer/Songwriter "Growing Together"

Post by crush » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie as you may or may not know, but I had a question regarding the listing below. Now this may be a stupid question but when it says "singer/songwriter songs," does that mean they prefer aspiring singers to submit to this only? Or is it referring to a type of style? Please assist if you can. Thanks! ORIGINAL and CONTEMPORARY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS about “GROWING TOGETHER” needed by a successful Music Publisher based in L.A. who’s had tons of great Film/TV placements for many TAXI members. Open to all tempos. Male or Female vocals are okay. No instrumentals please! Universal lyrics are necessary. Vocal and instrumental presentations must be top-notch! Recordings need to be Broadcast Quality (great home recordings should be fine). They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than 2:00pm (PST) on Monday, October 26, 2009. TAXI #D091026SS

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Question: Singer/Songwriter "Growing Together"

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

HiSinger/Songwriter is a genre-- one person acts who write and sing their material. However, it does not mean "aspiring". Although this listing did not have "a la" artists, other singer/songwriter listings do. Take a look at other S/S listings for some "a la" artists. That will help some.This appears to be a high bar listing.Good luck! Casey

crush
Active
Active

Post by crush » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Ohhhh ok, makes a lot of sense now! Thanks so much Casey!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:21 pm

If i can find some older listings, I'll see if I can dig up other a la's... There are a lot of names here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_si ... of_America Casey

crush
Active
Active

Post by crush » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Alright, I'll take a look. Thanks again!