Rally Magic

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Rally Magic

Post by RustyP » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:40 pm

I'm just stopping by to tell the story of how I received my first, and several subsequent placements.

I joined Taxi in 2018. I had been making music on my own for a while but didn't really know what to do with it or how to get heard.

After joining Taxi I attended my first Road Rally in 2018.

I heard an inspiring presentation by a library owner and approached them after to thank them and ask if I could send them some music.
the response was "yes sure!" just like it had been for the previous requester, and would be for the next. :)

Later, after going home, I sent in a couple of tracks. The library owner told me that for various reasons they would not sign the tracks, but they encouraged me to send more when I had them.

I thought I should really make my second attempt count.

So, over the next few months I wrote and recorded a few tracks.
One of them, a song called "Crazy's Not too Far" had been forwarded by Taxi, so I knew it had a chance at least. I decided to wait a while so I could send that one too if it didn't get picked up from the Taxi forward.

Anyway, about 6 months after sending my first tracks to the library owner, I sent in another batch which contained "Crazy's Not Too Far." All of these tracks were subsequently signed. That happened in May of 2019. and, in October of 2019, less than one year after my first Road Rally, I got my first placement, on national TV. It was "Crazy's Not too Far."

so, the takeaways:

1. The Rally is a great place to make connections. I've had other tracks signed through connections I made at the Rally.

2. Taxi forwards are an excellent way to gauge whether a song has a chance. But they aren't the only way to get songs signed.

Good luck and go to the Rally! :)

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Rally Magic

Post by JohnnyP » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:05 pm

RustyP wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:40 pm
I'm just stopping by to tell the story of how I received my first, and several subsequent placements.

I joined Taxi in 2018. I had been making music on my own for a while but didn't really know what to do with it or how to get heard.

After joining Taxi I attended my first Road Rally in 2018.

I heard an inspiring presentation by a library owner and approached them after to thank them and ask if I could send them some music.
the response was "yes sure!" just like it had been for the previous requester, and would be for the next. :)

Later, after going home, I sent in a couple of tracks. The library owner told me that for various reasons they would not sign the tracks, but they encouraged me to send more when I had them.

I thought I should really make my second attempt count.

So, over the next few months I wrote and recorded a few tracks.
One of them, a song called "Crazy's Not too Far" had been forwarded by Taxi, so I knew it had a chance at least. I decided to wait a while so I could send that one too if it didn't get picked up from the Taxi forward.

Anyway, about 6 months after sending my first tracks to the library owner, I sent in another batch which contained "Crazy's Not Too Far." All of these tracks were subsequently signed. That happened in May of 2019. and, in October of 2019, less than one year after my first Road Rally, I got my first placement, on national TV. It was "Crazy's Not too Far."

so, the takeaways:

1. The Rally is a great place to make connections. I've had other tracks signed through connections I made at the Rally.

2. Taxi forwards are an excellent way to gauge whether a song has a chance. But they aren't the only way to get songs signed.

Good luck and go to the Rally! :)
Congrats on the signings and the placement Rusty! Yep the RR is the place to make golden connections. Fingers crossed there will be one in ‘21! Best of luck! John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Rally Magic

Post by RustyP » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Well Tom, I hope you are able to attend a live RR in person in the future. It is well wroth it.