Rally Rookies

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Rally Rookies

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:52 am

Quote:Ted - We can burn CDs at the airport before the flight!"We" can? I'm presuming you have a mouse in your pocket, because I have JUST found out in the past week that my laptop is incapable of burning CD's (...news I am VERY unhappy with, as you can imagine).No matter. I'm already looking forward to meeting you and flying with you to LA. I'll be working hard on finding a source for burning ahead of time, and will keep you posted.Thanks,Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:14 pm

Just a note - Taxi has sent out the email to Rally registrants with a link to the schedule. Print everything off and plan to read it on the plane or the day before. Planning your time and figuring out which panels/classes are most important to you is, IMO, something you want to do in advance so that you get the most out of the experience. Getting close!!! Just one week!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

taxijon

Post by taxijon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:46 am

Just to add onto Hummingbirds tip. Pick out more back up mentors than you think you'll need. I'd pick at least 3 if you get there early enough. If your in the back of the line for registration then pick out like 5 or more to be safe. The most popular go within minutes. Also look around for mentors that might not be in your genre perse, but are in the side of the business you are looking to be a part of. Their are a lot of great mentors who might not be songwriters, but are more on the business side and can really give you insight on how to market your music and such. There are always a few members who haven't picked out anything and really slows everything down. Plus wouldn't you rather be out mingling with your fellow board members than sitting there trying to figure out who you want? And come by registration and say hi to me!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Quote:Just a note - Taxi has sent out the email to Rally registrants with a link to the schedule. Print everything off and plan to read it on the plane or the day before. Planning your time and figuring out which panels/classes are most important to you is, IMO, something you want to do in advance so that you get the most out of the experience. Getting close!!! Just one week!!!Yep. Got it, printed it, read it...twice. There's a lot to remember and a lot to consider, but WHOA!, this should be an amazing 3 days.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 am

Well folks, I got my new passport just today. Plane & Hotel are booked. I hope to meet many of you in LA.steve

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:26 am

You mean your REALLY coming now? Yes...no......maybe...YES...?

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 am

Quote:Well folks, I got my new passport just today. Plane & Hotel are booked. I hope to meet many of you in LA.steve whoo hoo!! see you there, with dots on!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:12 am

Quote:Well folks, I got my new passport just today. Plane & Hotel are booked. I hope to meet many of you in LA.steveLA?? They didn't tell you the location was moved? hee hee... CYA THERE! Casey

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 am

Quote:I got my new passport just today. Plane & Hotel are booked. I hope to meet many of you in LA.Oh.. the emotional rollercoaster! Uh.. I'm happy for you... again.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:52 am

This is GREAT news, Steve. C.U. There.Ah, so the DOTS really might be playing in LA next week? Ooops. Nope. The lead singer is still missing, right? Crap.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982