Re: Anyone want to share commercial clips?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Anyone want to share commercial clips?

Post by hummingbird » Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 am

Quote:Any of you watching dispatch (or this thread) know about this recent listing. There's lots of competition outside of taxi, so why don't we share our own ideas and try to raise the bar amongst taxi folks. I don't really focus on the competition side, just getting better, so here is my first attempt from scratch:demoComments?For those not in the know... the listing is:The Music Supervisor for a French "laundry detergent" TV commercial is in need of a 0:30 SECOND INSTRUMENTAL that meets the following criteria: They want a 0:30 sec. strong, memorable, melodic theme, that can be arranged in different styles and still be recognizable; it should be aesthetically pleasing for the French market; not loud or abrasive. No vocals/lyrics, if there is a voice it should be used as an instrument. The music should evoke "nature," "natural," "fresh," "soft," "wide," "warm." Any style and instrumentation is fine. Your 0:30 sec full version will be also cut down to 0:20 and 0:10 respectively. I like the feel of your piece, songwriter, it's got a nice groove, it feels uplifting and happy. The percussion is neat. There's no melody til 9 secs in, though (there is a nice riff in the guitar but it's not prominent), and there's something in the production of it that's troubling me, I'm sure what it is... whether the bass is too buzzy, or the piano too bright... something doesn't feel 'clean' and well mixed about it.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website