Re: Anyone willing to listen, give feedback on my track? (DISCO linked at bottom)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Anyone willing to listen, give feedback on my track? (DISCO linked at bottom)

Post by BrentWhiten » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 am

Also, before I post the track, is it okay to
post a track here? It's due February 1st.
New to the forum obviously. Thanks in
advance for anyone willing to help!

https://s.disco.ac/wdfvcvuyuykn

COVER Versions of the classic hit song, "PEACEFUL EASY FEELING" with Male, Female or Duet Vocals are needed for an for an (up to) $3,000, Direct-to-Client placement for an Ad Campaign. The song will be used in online and in-store promotion for a new Boutique Brand.

This Company is looking for Covers of the Song "Peaceful Easy Feeling."

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, we're unable to post the name of the original artist or a reference link to the original version, but yes, we mean THAT version by THOSE guys! ;)

Quoting the Client: "We're looking for a Cover Version of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that reimagines the original while maintaining recognizability. The chorus is the most important section of the song, but a full version is needed. Male Vocals or Male/Female Duets are preferred, but Female Vocals are okay as well."

Please submit Covers of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that are easily recognizable (it's NOT advisable to change the lyric or melody), but still offer a fresh, unique take on the original. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic. Cool vocals that help grab listeners' attention while maintaining the peaceful easy feeling conveyed in the song could serve you well.

Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The upfront fee for this placement is (up to) $3,000, depending on the ultimate use. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master Recordings to pitch for this opportunity.

Please submit as many different versions of the Song as you’d like, online or per CD. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely rigid deadline for this, so please don't ask! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, February 1st, 2024. TAXI # S240201EZ
Last edited by BrentWhiten on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Anyone willing to listen, give feedback on my track?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 am

Yes post a link, plus a copy of the listing so we know what the request was.

Make sure the link works for others if you're using your Taxi profile ( use incognito to check ) - the instructions are on the forum but many get it wrong.

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:46 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 am

Make sure the link works for others if you're using your Taxi profile ( use incognito to check ) - the instructions are on the forum but many get it wrong.
Okay, thank you for responding! I hope to post later today.
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:24 pm

Okay, this track is due tomorrow night. I welcome your feedback and/or critique and I THANK YOU for your time!

Obviously quite a few more tweaks to go. But I thought it was far along enough to get one of you fine musician/producers/humans
to give a listen. The idea is there.

So... Thank you!!!

COVER Versions of the classic hit song, "PEACEFUL EASY FEELING" with Male, Female or Duet Vocals are needed for an for an (up to) $3,000, Direct-to-Client placement for an Ad Campaign. The song will be used in online and in-store promotion for a new Boutique Brand.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, we're unable to post the name of the original artist or a reference link to the original version, but yes, we mean THAT version by THOSE guys! ;)

Quoting the Client: "We're looking for a Cover Version of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that reimagines the original while maintaining recognizability. The chorus is the most important section of the song, but a full version is needed. Male Vocals or Male/Female Duets are preferred, but Female Vocals are okay as well."

Please submit Covers of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that are easily recognizable (it's NOT advisable to change the lyric or melody), but still offer a fresh, unique take on the original. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic. Cool vocals that help grab listeners' attention while maintaining the peaceful easy feeling conveyed in the song could serve you well.

Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The upfront fee for this placement is (up to) $3,000, depending on the ultimate use. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master Recordings to pitch for this opportunity.

Please submit as many different versions of the Song as you’d like, online or per CD. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely rigid deadline for this, so please don't ask! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, February 1st, 2024. TAXI # S240201EZ

TAXI # S240201EZ

p.s. If I posted this stuff correctly the first time, I'll be amazed. ;)

https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S240201EZ

https://s.disco.ac/ipsdgillfrcs
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 am

Yep, got it wrong several times... :) Thanks for your time, if you get a chance to listen.

https://s.disco.ac/wdfvcvuyuykn

Thanks!
Brent Whiten

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:25 am

I think as far as EDM versions of that songs go you've done a good job, the intro could use to be a lot shorter for sync so I would at least halve it. But the popoduction and vocals all sound good.

I suppose the question is will it be what they are looking for. Who knows, the Listing doesn't really make it clear - I wasn't expecting an EDM cover though, as when I think of " reimagining " a song I tend to take that to mean they don't want it to be so far from the original that it's almost a different song. I think I would term this version a ' re-invention' ...i.e. if I heard it in the background somewhere I probably wouldn't even realise it was a cover of the Eagles unless I was paying close attention. Whoever wants the track chose that song for a reason to support their brand and my instinct would be it's not because they want a banging EDM tune but because they want to invoke the ' peaceful easy feeling ' contained in the chorus lyric as implied in the listing.

It's hard to say though. These listings are always a tough nut to crack and I suspect even the client doesn't know what they want until they hear it. They are a bit of a lottery though as I'm sure there will be lots of submissions and Taxi won't be the only pond the client is fishing in to find the right version.

I wish you luck with it !

Mark

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:43 am

Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to listen. Very good thoughts. Yes, the whole time I'm making the track I'm thinking, "maybe this is a little much",
but I liked it and kept going. yes, you may be right, that it's more of a re-invention than a re-imagine. And thanks for the
input about the intro, to cut half.

Also, I'm learning the hard way that anything with vocals is tough and takes so much more time. At least I didn't have to write any lyrics! I really want to start focusing on instrumental
stuff but couldn't pass this one up. Just saw Eagles and Steely Dan in Palm Springs a couple weeks ago.

All the best Mark!
Brent Whiten
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 am

Hi, I think you did a great job. Whether its what the company really wants is the question, but for what its worth I like it and wish you the best of luck with it.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:18 am

Thank you for your feedback!
And, thank you for taking the time to listen.

Have a great day,
Brent
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:22 am

Love your EDM version! Best of luck, wishing us all forwards!

Linda C