Re: Christmas With You

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

emusic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by emusic » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Better verses (melodically speaking) and this is a great christmas song. How about varying the second line a bit melodically? Gives variation. And ending the "I need you christmas day" on a Bb is maybe more predictable but still sits much more here in my ears.The prechoruses and the choruses nailed a christmas feeling for me melodically speaking.On my Sony MDR 7506 the piano IS a bit heavy. Lowcut filter on the piano and tune it down a lil.As allmost allways; nice work.

kurtkreimier
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kurtkreimier » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:47 am

Hello Michael!I thought this might be a little sad for a Christmas song. However, it did remind me of lost loves earlier in my life that I had hoped I might run into at Christmas time. So I would have to say it definitely accomplishes the purpose. In terms of structure I thought it was well crafted. I thought the Pre-Chrous and Chorus were well done and catchy and I really liked the bridge. I might have tried to work a way directly into the Chorus out of the Bridge but it still works well the way you have it. You have a unique and pleasant vocal quality that definitely helps add to the emotion behind the song. I thought the production overall was well done. The piano is perhaps a little heavy at the beginning but I don't see that as a big issue. By and large I thought the lyrics were very well crafted. The only thing that strikes me is not hearing the title "Christmas With You" until the very end of the Chorus as I was looking for it more often and in a bigger way.In any case, I think you have a very well done and marketable song here that I really enjoyed hearing. Thanks for sharing.Kurt

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:13 am

Hi Michael. I hate soundclick, ack! There's something about it my computer doesn't like and won't load for me. Is there another path to this song? I'd love to hear it.

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 am

Squids - download the mp3, instead.

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am

I'd like to hear it, too, but my phone can't play soundclick music. Can you put it on your Taxi page?

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Quote:Squids - download the mp3, instead.Tried but it wouldn't load. I don't get it.

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Michael,I really like this, especially the chorus. Love the chorus lyric. Love the the way you set up for the hook, lyrically. Also, I like Christmas songs that come at the 'theme' in a different way .. like this does. Nice job.Dean