re: EASY LISTENING / NEW AGE NEWS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brianvegas

re: EASY LISTENING / NEW AGE NEWS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by brianvegas » Fri May 13, 2022 8:30 am

https://soundcloud.com/everythingzzen/d ... 3L5Bl3HJOG

Trying to send in something for this or the other acoustic-pop listing.
Any advice/guidance is appreciated before making the plunge into another rejection :D

thanks!!!

A Wide Range of EASY LISTENING / NEW AGE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for News Programming by a very successful Music Licensing Company with worldwide distribution in over 50 countries that lands hundreds of placements a year – many of them on Major Networks!

This Company is on the lookout for uplifting Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references we got directly from them:

"Bright Eyes" by Mitch Coodley

"St. George's Garden" by Kerry Beaumont

"Painting by Water" by Michelle Sell

“Natural Light” by Mitch Coodley

Send them well-composed Easy Listening / New Age Instrumental Cues that could work well for positive and uplifting TV News programming segments. Memorable motifs, top-notch arrangements, and plenty of light, inspiriting energy are needed for this request – nothing dark or in a minor key will work here. We recommend crafting your Cues around a central motif so that your pieces remain cohesive. Layering your instrumentation in and out to create dynamics and a sense of forward momentum throughout the piece is suggested, as well. Polished production and high-quality, not dated virtual instruments or samples are a must. And remember, simple is generally better for these types of Instrumentals so that they won't interfere with dialogue.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
buy me a coffee >> https://ko-fi.com/pandamic

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: re: EASY LISTENING / NEW AGE NEWS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by Telefunkin » Fri May 13, 2022 9:18 am

Sorry to say this Brian, but IMHO if you want to avoid another rejection and save yourself $5 then don't submit this track for the easy listening/new age listing. If you listen to the references (I only checked 2 of them) its easy to get the uplifting, light, airy, organic, positive vibe, using typical new age instruments such as tinkly high piano, flute and harp - not rock drums and bass.

I don't know what the 'other acoustic pop listing is you're referring to, so can't comment on whether your track is in an appropriate style for that, but I noticed that it has tuning issues between the two guitars, goes on without much musical variation or any edit points, and is cropped before the music stops instead of having a musically structured ending. Its worth keeping those things in mind for any submission, and even when seeking feedback here.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

brianvegas

Post by brianvegas » Fri May 13, 2022 9:49 am

This is great, thanks.
Everything in this realm is new (minus tuning, that's on me entirely).

Will post a better version soon!
Thanks Graham!!!
buy me a coffee >> https://ko-fi.com/pandamic

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:03 pm

You seem to have two ideas here, one in each ear, that don't mesh very well. Also, yours is much slower and laid back.

The distorted guitar you have won't work for this listing, try something clean, perhaps a bit of chorus and reverb on it.

The music itself could possibly work, you'll just have to see what works at a higher tempo.

Hope this helps

Michael