Re: Female vocalist needed to woo Disney

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Female vocalist needed to woo Disney

Post by hummingbird » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Quote:Hi, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley, about 30 miles East of L.A., and I'd love to get a female vocalist to record the lead on a few songs to pitch to listings asking for "teen pop" or something similar. Go to my Broadjam page (link below) and find "Sing", "Dreamtime" and "Summertime" and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you think you could sing them well and are near me or can record vocal tracks remotely and upload them to my FTP, please get in touch!Do I have any money to pay, you ask?Of course not, have you heard my songs? BTW, I'm a 3 time Grammy winner.Okay, I made that last part up.I did teach Linda Perry how to tune her guitar. Does that count?Fun songs, brennanhester. Generally speaking, when writing for female voices I would choose a key that doesn't go lower than the G below middle C, and a good singer should have an octave & half (or more) above that. These songs sound ok & a strong alto should manage them well but in Dreamtime the bridge is getting down into the basement for a girl. That's assuming you're planning to use the same tracks. Good stuff,Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website