Re: Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lqrose » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:08 am

I THINK I GOT IT...PROCEED TO THE BOTTOM POST....there you will find the link to the song "A Guest In This House" (many thanks to Ibanez) the listing is above that...Whew....I've got some work to do....MANY THANKS NEW FRIENDS....Laurie If you are able to hear this song. PLEASE let me know....I think I am still doing something wrong.Thanks for attempting to listen....LQ

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 am

Hey! I've sent you a message, have a look and let me know if you work it out.Lindsey

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 am

OK if anyone wants to help Laurie out with posting a link...please do as I totally failed! It's a link from "My Music" not a Taxi page.In the mean time Laurie, don't be afraid to keep sending me your attempts, it's no problem at all.Lindsey

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:41 am

Laurie, what's the name you're using on your "My TAXI Homepage? Is it Laurie? Is it Lqrose? Is it LQ?

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lqrose » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:49 am

Good Morning Ibanez....feeling like a dolt here this morning...it is Lqrose....I am sorry to be so helpess at this....thanks for the help....will continue to try....LQ

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 am

Tried to get your homepage to show using Lqrose, and it says there's no such member. Something is not set correctly. Are you sure when you go to your hompage, you see "Lqrose" in big black letters at the top?I-468PS -- I've also noticed that your account is in the "Not Activated" status. That may have everything ta' do with your homepage not being available, I don't know for sure. Might have to get in touch with someone at TAXI, and have them look into that.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 am

Q: How do I link to my taxi music page?A: What name did you use when you signed up for your music account? Let's assume it was "myname"... E.G.http://www.taxi.com/myname If you signed up as "my name" with a space inbetween, then it would be http://www.taxi.com/my_name-----Q: How do I link to a song on my taxi music page?A: I think it depends on your system, but I go to my page, *right-click* on the "play" button of the song, and choose *copy short-cut*. Then I come into the forum and "paste" the short-cut into my post, using "CTRL V" OR you can go to your *edit* menu and choose "paste".-----http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... hread=2141
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lqrose » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:09 am

thanks a million Ibanez....Many thanks for your comments marcblack and Lindsey...thanks for listening.for clarification Mark the vocalist Kristy Rhode is an amazing friend of my co writer, Steven Robinson....TIS DONE'This is my last attempt today....I HOPE I at last figured this out....and a very big THANK YOU for all the help I received here..Laurie "A Guest In This House"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 220HNSONGS THAT SPEAK of socio-economic distress (loss of jobs, homelessness, addiction, failure of government agencies, armed service benefit breakdown, mental instability, fate and challenges that lead to one losing their home/family/dignity) are sought by a Music Publisher with tons of film/TV placements for a cable network series featuring music that will be performed by homeless musicians. Lyrical focus should be on the above mentioned themes, yet he's open to all musical styles. Any tempo is okay, but mid to uptempo songs are preferable. Great performances are a must. His deal is very simple - he splits the license fee with you 40/60 [that 60% is for you] and he doesn't take any publishing. The company's president will screen the submissions. Great recording quality is a plus, but excellent home recordings will work. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later thanFeb. 20, 2008. TAXI # Y080220HNtesting testing

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:56 am

Nope! I'm afraid something still isn't set correctly. Did you follow any of the instructions that I posted on one of your previous threads?1. Login to your Taxi profile2. Click the link that says "My Music"3. Click the "Edit" button on the right side of the song (for example: A GUEST IN THIS HOUSE)4. After the page opens, check the box that says "Public" (then others can listen to it)5. Click the "Save" buttonRepeat steps 3-5 with each song.After doing that, go to your hosting page, right click on the play button for the tune you wish to post, click on "copy shortcut", and you can either paste it in your post by using "ctrl-v" or by right clicking and using "paste".

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:03 am

Laurie, I think I got it for you. Is this the right song? A Guest In this House. Check it and see.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 8Obviously you have steps 1-5 done correctly. That's good. So now I think you're just pasting the wrong information in your posts to get the tune ta' play, in which case you'll have to follow the last set of instructions to make sure you're pasting in the correct information. You're almost there.