Re: Going electronic - All The Way

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Sun May 13, 2007 2:37 pm

songwriter,I've had some luck with pieces like "All the Way" with the Sports Instrumental listings. May need to increase the tempo a little. Actually, with the different sections in your piece, with some editing, you may have three sports instrumentals ready to go:East Coast Production Music Library/Publisher is looking for EXTREME SPORTS INSTRUMENTALS for use behind Sports footage on TV. They need energetic, action-oriented material. Check a regional/national TV sports event/local sports news/ESPN and you'll get the picture. Prominent melodies not required. Please submit one to three pieces online or per CD; 60 seconds to 3 minutes is the recommended length for this pitch. They offer an exclusive deal with a 5-year reversion clause. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than May 21, 2007.TAXI # S070521ESWhat tools do you use for drum loops and synth arpeggios etc.?Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Sun May 13, 2007 3:00 pm

songwriter,NI has a special going this summer where if you buy two of there synths ( Massive, FM8, and Abysynth) you get the third as a free download. I already own FM8 and may take the plunge to get the other two. These three would be a powerful palette for the electronic listings.Do you have any of the expanders for Stylus RMX. I regularly turn to Ethno Techno to add some "spice" to a track or add an element on a repeat of a section. I've had Burning Grooves for a while and just recently have been utilizing " Groove Elements" basically hihat, bass drums, and snare patterns you are able to mix and match and put together your own groove with Abraham Laborial Jr. It Smokes!!!I've recently added Predator for some of the pulsating synth pad, repeating bass line type of stuff. Have used on several pieces but have not explored all its sounds and potential.I need to learn from you how to get by with less sleep.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington