Re: Hey Matto! I listend to you so check this song

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:20 pm

Hi Phil,I'm not Matto, but listened to your track anyway;)just a quick note: the chorus hook reminds me a lot on that georg michael-tune.... I think that track's called "freedom" or so.
production, composition & stringed instruments

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:14 am

Quote:Hi Matto (and all esteemed regs)Thanks for the advice on gunning for you a while back - cheers.ko, took what you said onboard about lyrics etc.. have a listen to this (the music may not grab ya as it's what's "hip" in the UK at the moment)I know the vox needs sorting and I'm doing that next week but let me know if our lyrics are becoming a little more coherent.CheersPhilhi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 046&q=hiHi PhilI'm not sure if I am "esteemed" but I listened... Good track!! ... It sounds a bit familiar to me but I can't say I know the George Michael track mentioned (unless someone tells me)... I think the melody reminds my of a track from Sheryl Crow's "Globe Sessions", only yours is faster ... I'll see if I can remember which one... If the production quality is there (I can't really tell on-line), it could be a good film/TV track in the right situation. For example, I once placed a song on an HBO show that often looks for sexually charged songs. This would have been a good pitch for that.All the best, Casey

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:44 pm

Sorry Phil for some reason I can't get the link to work, I think it's cause it's a direct link to the player...the popup blocker kills it no matter how I have it set...

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:27 am

Thanks Phil, but since you're listing film and tv as a possible target for your songs I'd really need to hear it to give you any meaningful feedback. I think if you just gave me a link to your soundclick page (w/o linking to the player/specific songs) it should work fine...it usually does.