Re: Intermusic Library

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mattfig

Re: Music Library

Post by mattfig » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:04 am

May I also request that any quotes with the company's name be edited or removed? Having that info up doesn't help anyone involved and was a mistake on my part to post it in the first place...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 am

Quote:May I also request that any quotes with the company's name be edited or removed? Having that info up doesn't help anyone involved and was a mistake on my part to post it in the first place...If you drop a PM to "admin", Jimi can remove those instances with the name of the library. Casey

mattfig

Post by mattfig » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks!!! As a nice update, I was contacted by the music library and while the answer was a 'no' to the contract amendment, my mind is much more at ease knowing how this all works better. I can't say thank you enough! A simple contact through TAXI as suggested was all it took.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:49 am

There you go...so they haven't run off to Timbuktu with your songs after all...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:52 am

A happy ending... (But actually I hear your songs are playing on the radio in Timbuktu)

rolanoid
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rolanoid » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:20 am

I was forwarded to this library and signed a deal with them too over a year ago. They have always responded to my emails and come across as friendly, approachable and professional. I also quizzed them on proceedings and I was told that they were preparing a box set which has now been released to clients. They have apparantly also just done a deal with Columbia or something. This is what I have been told but I haven't verified it or anything. Before I signed the contract I asked for some reversion clauses in the contract so that the copyright would revert back to me if it was not commercially exploited within 1 year or if the company was sold or it they ceased trading. I haven't exercised any of these as I am still opptomistic and know that this game is a marathon and not a sprint. Like you I knew it was a gamble but I can always write more if nothing comes of this. In fact I'm always writing regardless of what's happening to the existing material.