Re-listing a Cue

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

fretman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re-listing a Cue

Post by fretman » Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 am

Question: Listing #D210430SP has re-appeared and is summarized below. I submitted 2 pieces for the original request that got rejected due to lack of an arc (intensity was too consistent thru-out). If I fix this, do you think I should re-submit it? Is that enough of change to be "different material? I would be changing about 1/2 of the piece. I assume other people have attempted this. Did it succeed or did you get your hand slapped? Thanks!

------------------------------------------

Lots of MINIMALISTIC, TRADITIONAL SPANISH INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful International Music Licensing Company with global distribution through a huge music conglomerate!

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Listing #D210430SP, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D210430SP, please send different material this time around.

TAXI Tip: Want to be a standout with little competition in a particular genre in this company's catalog? Here's your chance! Less competition = More possible placements!

This Company is searching for Instrumental Cues in the general ballpark of these references:

"Bolero Mallorqui" by Parado De Valldermossa

"Fire Dance" by Andrés Cantú

"The Night After Friday" by Medité

Please submit Instrumental Cues that capture the essence of Traditional Spanish music in a sparse and minimalistic way. Your Cues should have authentic-sounding rhythms, melodies, and instrumentation. Incorporating traditional instruments like the Castanets, Guitar, or Laúd could help your pieces feel more authentic. If you're using any virtual instruments to replace organic ones, they need to sound like the real thing – nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work, here. Build your Cues around a simple motif, and create a subtle sense of movement and dynamics by layering instruments in and out as they progress. Remember, simple is best for this pitch!

Quoting the Music Library: “We are looking for Cues that are sparse and somewhat simple. Only 4 to 6 instruments maximum. Keep them simple and try to introduce some edit points along the tracks. Very high bar, in terms of realism. Meaning, if any of the instruments sound too 'MIDI' then the Cues should be rejected.”

Your submissions need to be around 2 minutes long (nothing that runs 3 or 4 minutes, please) with non-faded, buttoned endings. Broadcast Quality is needed.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Re-listing a Cue

Post by AlanHall » Mon May 24, 2021 9:38 am

I agree with Tom's impression that the caveat about 'different material' applies to forwards. I think you're in a good place if you got the chance to improve - and resubmit - based on the screener's comments.