Re: Looking for pop/rock feel - Good Has Gone To B

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 am

hi,here's my feedback:* I kind of like your voice-character* the timing is sometimes a little bit shaky (drums - guitar)* I miss some dynamic - the rhy git is constantly "up", I'd suggest to play it in a lower dynamic (quieter) in the verses* stylewise it is more indie than pop to me - anyhow, "pop" is a very, very large field so you may need to be a little more specific. to me a poptune needs to have an easy to remember chorus as well as the structure.* mixing-wise I would bring up the vocals more, 'cause that's the most important part of a popsong. this has also to do with the arrangement - if the guitar is loud and uses a wide range of frequencies it's hard to bring up the vocals (which have some similar frequ.).hope that helps,cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

hephaluemp

Post by hephaluemp » Fri May 04, 2007 11:45 am

Quote:I have updated this with some vocals. I have updated the link above for the new version. Any comments on this, perhaps more on the songwriting and melody? Here's the new link:Good Has Gone to Bad AgainHello songwriter.I like the guitar riff and your melody.Things that don't work to well, in my opinion:* - the guitar is too loud.* - the timing is too sloppy, it's a good idea to have a kind of human feel, but here I think you need to strengthen it a little bit.* - the vocal-doubler effects sounds like you just bought a vocal-doubler effect and want to show off with it... - it just doesn't sound good.- things to try here: maybe narrowing the stereo-field. maybe have a little less, but in addition dub it with another vocal-take.* - also, the chorus is a little weak, sounds more like a pre-hook really (except the last line or so). Or - the chorus don't lift enough from the prehook part of the chorus. This songs needs a better chorus. * the synth in the bridge sounds for me like out of style, but then again, I am not familiar with Daughtry so maybe it's spot on.A little tip:, try to mix on lower volume, it's easier then to hear some vital balance-things... Hepha Luemp
- just call me Hepha