Re-submit to the same listing?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Re-submit to the same listing?

Post by guest4254 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 pm

I'm guessing this has been brought up in the past, but just so I understand....

You submit a song, say a couple weeks before its due date. Wouldn't it be nice if your song could be listened to and given feedback within a couple days of submitting? This way, assuming it was returned, you could try and fix what was wrong, and re-submit. More income for Taxi, more possible forwards for us...Win/Win...?

Of course there must be a reason for them not doing this that I'm overlooking....

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Re-submit to the same listing?

Post by AlanHall » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 am

Two ways to approach this:
1. post the piece in P2P, gather suggestions from other Taxi members.
2. submit to a 'custom critique', get suggestions right from the screener's fingertips. I'm not sure if there's a guaranteed turnaround time on this?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:30 am

guest4254 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 pm
Of course there must be a reason for them not doing this that I'm overlooking....
It would open a whole can of worms...would you pay twice to resubmit ? ...what if it was returned twice ? People might get angry.

Also I think they tend to screen all tracks together and then it's done...otherwise the screening process would just drag on and on. Most listings will have a similar one crop up later on so best to resubmit to that.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21 am

To accomplish this Taxi would need screeners available 24/7 so that they could instantly respond to all submissions, for entire the duration of a listing, and for all listings. I can only imagine that pushing up membership and submission fees too. Anyone who didn't get a prompt response would be grumbling that they didn't have time to fix their track before the deadline, not to mention those who would accuse screeners of returning tracks just to make a bit more money.

....and yes, something similar has been suggested before :)
small-tweak-required-according-to-retur ... 46591.html

As has been said, you can use the forum to canvas opinions on tracks. Not everyone (including me) is an expert, but at least you'll get some some steer on how your music hits, and if the real experts weigh-in then you've got some serious feedback for nothing. IMHO that's already win/win.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.