Re: TotalFailure on 4 top10 lists!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat May 05, 2007 4:12 am

Quote:Dear TAXI Forwarded legendsAfter placing one of my songs at an independent music site only 1 week ago,TotalFailure has just been rated no 1 at top ten chart list and rated 2nd,3rd,4th at 3 more top 10 lists after taking TAXI's advice with custom critiques and studying more song writing for 2 years!Sorry I know this section is for shaved cats(forwarded) only but just pondering on whether I should rejoin TAXI again! Hmmm....Well I am currently sending out Demo cds.....decisions decisions! Any advice from the big brothers and sisters? Unfortunately having a song in the top ten on music streaming sites is not an indication of it's commercial viability (I know, I've had several songs as number one on Soundclick, none of which have made it through the screeners ("Sometimes" was number one this week)).I suggest you post the song(s) here in peer to peer, with lyrics for feedback from the members to see if you're in the ballpark. State the genre and the 'a la' (cause targetting the right song to the right listing is crucial). You could also send your best song to John Braheny or Jason Blume for a professional critique to assess your growth.OTOH, Taxi has a money-back guarantee... so it really doesn't cost you anything to try it out. Congrats on making the top ten. It is cool.cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat May 05, 2007 5:42 am

Quote:Dear TAXI Forwarded legendsAfter placing one of my songs at an independent music site only 1 week ago,TotalFailure has just been rated no 1 at top ten chart list and rated 2nd,3rd,4th at 3 more top 10 lists after taking TAXI's advice with custom critiques and studying more song writing for 2 years!Sorry I know this section is for shaved cats(forwarded) only but just pondering on whether I should rejoin TAXI again! Hmmm....Well I am currently sending out Demo cds.....decisions decisions! Any advice from the big brothers and sisters? My main suggestion is to keep an open mind. Human nature makes all of us (including myself) want to gravitate toward positive comments and away from what we might perceive as negative comments. No doubt good reviews and/or top 10 placements on sites like Soundclick and Broadjam ARE good and they do carry with them a certain amount of meaning (obviously there are people on those sites that don't get any meaningful results). Having said that, personally I think it's fair to say that, as an example, if a person can't get ANY songs forwarded to Sony Nashville through Taxi, they'd probably have scant chance of success getting the music through the powers that be at Sony Nashville directly.Taxi is my reality check. I always take the critiques as a whole. Normally if I'm detached emotionally and I'm honest with myself, I know which comments hit the nail on the head as far as where I need to focus my efforts.Of course beyond that are the dozens of great opportunities through Taxi that are posted bi-monthly. For a couple hundred bucks, having access to listings of this level, well, I haven't found anything yet that beats it and I access opportunities from a variety of places. Last, no reason to do only one thing. For me, Taxi is PART of my overall effort, not my exclusive effort, but I can't imagine a scenerio for me where I exclude Taxi. Good luck with your stuff,Dave

totalfailure

Post by totalfailure » Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks so much for the tips! and all the best of luck to all.