Re: When It's Over - brit po

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Re: When It's Over - brit po

Post by grandmatarkin » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:55 pm

It happened again! I have a song with the exact same title... GMTAI liked yours, btw. Good stuff.Dave

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: When It's Over - brit pop

Post by aubreyz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:12 am

Just have a couple of minutes... and know you are on a deadline here:may not be quirky enough, but has potential as Fray style alt/pop. The vocals nail the style, but the chords, especially the intro are toooo pop. A quick fix-- let the piano part stay on the first chord, (maybe minus the third.... and just keep that going with the other elements changing underneath). I'm not at a keyboard right now, so can't confirm that would work, but I think so... also, the quick two chord resolution at the end of the main progression is a little too normal. (is that 4 to 5? -- not great at picking out chords without keys at hand)... I think if you kill the second chord, with the piano still on the first chord, that might work to create a little more dissonant anticipation rather than a resolve there.Also-- trash the piano sound a little-- more of an upright, or throw a slight tube effect with some slap delay. I'll try to comment more later... very nice song!Aub

bobbydazzler
Active
Active

Post by bobbydazzler » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm guessing this is too late for this deadline... but I have to agree with what Aub said. This song has HEAPS of potential but probs not for this listing... just looking at the cited bands. The vocals are awesome! And I think with Aubs advice... if you can make it more melancholy this could be awesome... I'd love to hear more of your stuff in this style!Good Luck!BD"just my two cents, and given the strength of the aussie dollar, that's not worth too much right now!"

unastronaut

Post by unastronaut » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:32 am

This song makes my smile grow. The building action is fun stuff. It evokes feelings of years gone by without sounding like something I heard on the radio during that time.Just a thought,Matt