Rebel Pride (Dispatch Challenge)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Rebel Pride (Dispatch Challenge)

Post by hummingbird » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 pm

I fought with this one last night & this morning... submitted it with moments to spare... Listing:ACTION BASED HIP HOP INSTRUMENTALS a la "America's Most Wanted," (Fox) are needed by an East Coast Music Library/Publisher. Specifically, they requested material that makes you think of "urban crime," with elements of suspense, and drama. They want tracks that are in the 1:30 to 3:00 range. "Button Endings" - no fade outs, are required. If they like your track and are interested in signing a deal, they may also need :30 and :60 second edits as well. Rebel Pridehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=103332&stream=true
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

lc
Active
Active

Re: Rebel Pride (Dispatch Challenge)

Post by lc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:44 pm

Hiya Hummingbird!While there is an edge to it, I dunno, this sounds a little too "bright". I'm thinking you need to go a little darker...grittier. Think...ugh, gangsta rap. There seems to be what almost sounds like a skip or maybe something got out of sync with the beats at around 1:02. Could just be me, though. I thought it was interesting where in the listing it says "requested material that makes you think of urban crime..." When I first read that, I thought it was kind of strange. I understand music that gives you images in your head...but crime? I didn't know it had a soundtrack Anyway, I thought it was good...just not sure if it fits the listing.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Vikki,Cool track.I hear that skip around 1:02 as well.I don't know if you are dragging the midi files from Stylus to your sequencer tracks, but sometimes there can be an error in lining them up properly. For instance, some snare drum only loops may start on 1:480 instead of 1:00. An error I've made is pasting to a track and the now time is set to 2:040 or something not on the downbeat and hence not lined up properly. I would check this out as it disturbs the flow of the track ( although it seems to correct itself.??)ChuckPS You're getting funkier by the track!!!
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:05 pm

The Fonky "H" strikes again!Good job H'Bird! You're takin' quite a liking to RMX huh? It's Addictive RMX! Yeah, I hear that little percussive glitch too. Good luck to ya'!ibanez468

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks LC, Chuck & Ibanez. I took your advice, hopefully fixed up that skip & added a little more depth to the track.Ms Funky
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:34 pm

I think it's close to the listing but I agree it is too bright...especially at 1:15 abouts....I think a hard (only slightly distorted if at all) guitar could darken it a bit more to give a crime-y feel... Perhaps something similar to that background sound at 1:05 exactly....for example...but playing a more continous and foreground guitar-lead-style melody.Yeah, easy for me to say.... (mom was right, it is easy to criticize!).But seriously, these are just my un-educated thoughts on what I hear.Nice tune overall..