Received 1st Forward!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hookandhealer

Received 1st Forward!!!

Post by hookandhealer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:29 am

Hello TAXI family,

I just joined TAXI here about 2 weeks ago as artist Hook and Healer and have uploaded at least 57 recordings of mine. I submitted about 20 songs the first week and 6 were returned so far with critiques that they were not the right fit however I just received my first ever ‘forward’ & certificate that my recording was forwarded to ‘Music Library’. It is a song entitled ‘Halo’ & it was recorded in Hollywood, CA and Santa Monica, California. Alessandro Cortini played and recorded guitars on this song. Alessandro Cortini is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band Nine Inch Nails! We recorded the guitars, bass, & my vocals in his apartment on Lanewood Avenue in Hollywood, CA. We later recorded the drums at Klown Studios in Santa Monica, CA. At that time a band called 30 Seconds to Mars was trying to promote a demo of theirs to us to gain a following. Crazy when I look back and think of those days! Anyways Byron DeLear engineer from Eddie VanHalen’s 5150 studio at the time agreed to mix and master the song along with 3 other beauties that Alessandro Cortini played and recorded on. I am blessed to have archived the recordings and have them all here on my site to share and submit.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Received 1st Forward!!!

Post by melodea » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:46 am

Great, congrats!🍾🎉 Let’s hear the track that was forwarded + The listing it was forwarded for.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:34 am

Great news, congrats

hookandhealer

Post by hookandhealer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:43 am

melodea wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:46 am
Great, congrats!🍾🎉 Let’s hear the track that was forwarded + The listing it was forwarded for.
Thank you here is ‘Halo’ my song that was forwarded!

https://www.taxi.com/members/X3e3i4xiQb ... Vksng-halo

Thanks so much for your time & for your support!!
~Hook and Healer

hookandhealer

Post by hookandhealer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:44 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:34 am
Great news, congrats
Thanks so much cosmicdolphin!!

here is ‘Halo’ my song that was forwarded!

https://www.taxi.com/members/X3e3i4xiQb ... Vksng-halo

Thanks so much for your time & for your support!!
~Hook and Healer

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:11 am

Hi, great work there! I really like the track, and congratulations on your first forward so soon after joining.
Just a reminder - if the library get back to you they'll want to be sure that there are no complications, so please make sure that you own the rights to the master recording and have all the writer's details and/or WFH's agreed and documented. Its worth checking because a library will insist that things are 'water-tight' before they enter into any legal agreements with you (and any other writer's).

Being optimistic, if the library like the track there's also a chance of them asking if you have any similar tracks so they can sign a batch of them (or you could make that offer to them), so its worth being prepared for that too by making sure you have the details in place for all your other tracks, and that you can make them available to listen to with a working link (don't send tracks as email attachments).

Best of luck! :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

hookandhealer

Post by hookandhealer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:35 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:11 am
Hi, great work there! I really like the track, and congratulations on your first forward so soon after joining.
Just a reminder - if the library get back to you they'll want to be sure that there are no complications, so please make sure that you own the rights to the master recording and have all the writer's details and/or WFH's agreed and documented. Its worth checking because a library will insist that things are 'water-tight' before they enter into any legal agreements with you (and any other writer's).

Being optimistic, if the library like the track there's also a chance of them asking if you have any similar tracks so they can sign a batch of them (or you could make that offer to them), so its worth being prepared for that too by making sure you have the details in place for all your other tracks, and that you can make them available to listen to with a working link (don't send tracks as email attachments).

Best of luck! :)

Thank you telefunkin and I appreciate all of the info yes I have everything watertight and appreciate your feedback and congratulations message - thanks for listening to my song ‘Halo’!!

RickElliott
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by RickElliott » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:11 am

Congrats! It's a great feeling! Keep it up!

hookandhealer

Post by hookandhealer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:00 am

RickElliott wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:11 am
Congrats! It's a great feeling! Keep it up!
Better feeling if it gets placed - fingers crossed!!

Thanks so much!!

~Hook and Healer