Recent dispatch listings question

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Recent dispatch listings question

Post by zircon » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am

I'm thinking about signing up for the dispatch service, and I'm wondering about what % of listings lately are instrumental and/or electronic in nature. Is the frequency more like one a week, or one every few months? Reference artists listed might be The Crystal Method, Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, BT, and Hybrid, to name a few. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to figure out how to make the most of my membership.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Recent dispatch listings question

Post by sgs4u » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:58 am

I just signed up yesterday. That helps because I still have to get used to analysing 1 song at a time, for 1 listing at a time. I have to put aside my catalogue concept and feelings about my work in general to focus on the specific needs of the listings.I received 10 new listings in my email, all separate. I'll know more next week re: how often new listings show up. But it does look like they're better suited to my purposes. If you join I don't think you'll feel like it's wasted money. The turnaround time is probably a lot faster, so that makes sense to me as well. $300. to join TAXI, another $150 to join dispatch. I gotta believe in myself, and definitely listen to the feedback I get. Most of the dipatch listings also have no critiques from taxi. It looks like quite a few lot of the listings yesterday also accept music only. I'll send you some, if that's OK with everyone else. Send me an email at enrg@shaw.ca. I've already angered the DON, so I personally don't want to break any rules. Maybe the nice folks at Taxi will allow you to read a few more listings, to evaluate whether Dispatch makes sense to you. They sure have helpful people answering the phones. They have the most efficient and nice customer service I've ever encountered, anywhere.

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zircon » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:13 pm

Examples would indeed be very helpful! Like I said, I'm specifically interested in dance/electronica, instrumental, and perhaps film/tv categories.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:42 pm

I'm pretty sure if you ask, TAXI will send you sample dispatch listings. You can't respond anyway unless you join, so it can only help prospective members make a decision. As far as what % are instrumental, you can call them and ask. They have great customer service. Casey

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:09 pm

@zircon: just write an email to the taxi member-staff and ask them to send you the dispatch listings on a regular basis - I get them all although I didn't sign up - there is just no taxi ID# in the mail (because I didn't join yet).But it gives a good impression on what is requested.
production, composition & stringed instruments

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi - yes, you can request to get the dispatch listings without joining. They'll also calculate your pro-rated free anytime you like.H:)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zircon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:43 pm

Well, I took the plunge and joined up after seeing two listings that were right up my alley. I'm a little bummed though - one of them (asking for atmospheric instrumentals) I could have had a track ready in maybe 24 hours, but the listing had an HOUR deadline from when I received it! Geez.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 pm

call the taxi office, they may be willing to allow you a little leeway. Let's say this might have happened before with other members