Redoing a track after a critique

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brianbc

Redoing a track after a critique

Post by brianbc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:10 pm

So I've submitted to a Dispatch listing - all good. Didn't make the cut - no problem. Read the review and went - "That makes sense, I could easily change those elements to bring the track into line". Of course the listing has closed now. However I've uploaded an updated version of the track and tried to delete the original submitted version. I can't delete it, it says "Under review". I'm not fussed but I'm wondering if my altered track would ever get listened to? The critique was really useful in identifying why it didn't get a forward and easily fixable. Anyone got any insight on this? I would imagine it would be quite useful if a listing critique could be used in helping the Publishing Company get the right track. EG Tell the composer - "We like this track but it falls down here and here. If you can alter those elements then we'll very likely forward it."

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Redoing a track after a critique

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Brian,
You've absolutely done the right thing in improving your track according to the critique. Of course, the screener's comments could be biased toward matching your track with the listing, but if they are more general and you followed them well then your updated track probably stands a greater chance of being forwarded for a future similar listing. After a few more days (give or take) the 'under review' will clear and you'll be able to delete your original track, or edit it by uploading the new version. You'll then be able to submit it again if an appropriate listing comes up. However, its not at all likely that your updated track will be listened to again for the original listing. Submissions are really a 'one-time' thing.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

mikehamm123
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Redoing a track after a critique

Post by mikehamm123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 am

Actually, your revised track will be screened by a different reviewer, who will return it with the critique that it sound more like, it turns out, the original :shock:
Mike

===========

https://mikehammmusic.com