Rejected, But Thoughtful Review

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Rejected, But Thoughtful Review

Post by djdeweese » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 am

I recently received the following review for listing S070801RK, which was looking for "INDUSTRIAL/HARD ROCK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS":Quote:Dan,Thank you for submitting you songs. I think you have some really good ideas and you seem quite capable of performing quality music, I just think that for this listing your stuff is a bit of a reach - I would say that you have a lot more in common with Metallica than with Nine Inch Nails. I would suggest checking out our audio reference links here:http://www.taxi.com/industry-artists.htmlAnd just honestly asking yourself if you'd make a good touring partner to the groups cited by these various listings. Having said that, I think when you find your niche here, you might be very happy with the doors that should open to you. Cheers, keep it up...Just wanted to say that I was glad to read the constructive criticism from Listener #242. The comments on individual songs were also well reasoned and insightful. I've reviewed a lot of music myself as a garageband.com member, and used to critique student essays as a graduate student working in a writing lab. Giving helpful criticism is HARD. The truth for me is, when it comes to a song, I either like it or I don't. There are always ways to dance around the issue, but often Taxi screeners probably would like to say, "Sorry, this song just isn't doing it for me" and not have to explain why. However, in this case the reviewer was able to say he liked the material, and explain why it just wasn't right for this listing. I found the link to the artist/example page quite helpful, since I had overlooked it in the past.In any case, I just wanted to say that even though I didn't get the forward for the listing, I'll keep trying. I've been forwarded for nine out of 32 submissions over the last nine months, and by paying attention to the critiques, I hope to improve the ratio!