Rejection Conjecture, Round 2

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Rejection Conjecture, Round 2

Post by horacejesse » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Andreh,How is Hole in my Heart coming along? Making any progress? I am very interested to hear those changes when you are ready.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:02 pm

Funny you should ask, Horace...I just recently got a call from David Foster (Josh Groban's producer), and they want to use the song on his next album! I'm so stoked!!! And then I woke up. Actually, I do intend to submit it for another Groban-esque Dispatch listing that expires on Monday, but I haven't had time to incorporate any of the great suggestions made in this thread (special thanks to Vikki for her time). However, since the listing party is screening submissions himself, maybe he'll be more willing to see through the song's imperfections than Taxi was for a previous high-bar listing.I do plan to update the track in the next few weeks though; I have a singer lined up who should do it some justice. I'll post the new version when it's done.Thanks for asking,Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:17 am

Andreh,Good luck on the upcoming submission. But having the great singer do a version you may intend to revise a few weeks later seems like it could be frustrating and leave you in the same place you are now. I would prefer to summon inspiration and do the revisions first and then have the singer come in.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 am

Quote:Andreh,Good luck on the upcoming submission. But having the great singer do a version you may intend to revise a few weeks later seems like it could be frustrating and leave you in the same place you are now. I would prefer to summon inspiration and do the revisions first and then have the singer come in.Good point; I do plan to make the revisions before I bring in the new singer.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.