From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Request for speaker for RR 2021

Post by BrianSteel » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Good Evening Michael and everyone at Taxi,

I was watching a prequel from 2020 Road Rally on your YouTube channel. The one with Karl Richardson. I hope I got his name right. The guy that invited you and your roommate into the studio
to listen to the Eric Clapton song.
Oh my, listening to this guy is rewiring my brain literally. it's unbelievable. Such an inspiration and a mentor not only for music production but for life in general.
I don't know if he's scheduled for 2021, but I was planning on taking the entire wk off to watch the prequels and of course the private viewing on Friday.
If he's going to be on, please let me know.
I have to say this interview was one of the most fulfilling experiences I have had so far with Taxi on YouTube and there have been a lot of them.
I am literally a new man! And feel like I have the right mindset for the production game now. Not kidding!

Thank you,

Brian

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Request for speaker for RR 2021

Post by BrianSteel » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 pm

No replies. Did I do something wrong? Oh well, I'm not taking the days off anyway. Such is this year 2021 soon to go its way.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:12 pm

ML occasionally views these threads, but not often and not on a regular basis. There might be a more direct line; emailing someone at Taxi directly (I honestly don't know who, some else may chime in).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 am

Yep, I've got an entire company to run, and don't get to spend as much time on the forum as I'd like. That said, I happened to be on here this morning :-)

Sorry to say, no Karl Richardson for the Rally this year. I did 2 hours with him last year, and covered a lot of ground. I'll have him back at some point, though. He's a great guy, and I was SO lucky to have people like Karl, Tom Dowd, and Don Gehman as the people I worked with every day while at Criteria Studios. The best of the best, and very generous with their time and knowledge.

Best,
Michael

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:16 am

BrianSteel wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 pm
No replies. Did I do something wrong? Oh well, I'm not taking the days off anyway. Such is this year 2021 soon to go its way.
Maybe next time: try posting your QUESTION in the comment section beneath the most-recently archived video/episode of TAXI TV on the TAXI YouTube channel.
I think those get the quickest look & response.
Your mileage may vary.
Good luck; I hope that helps.
Cheers.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra