Return for Listing: S240103NA - ANTHEMIC, MODERN ROCK SONGS

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Return for Listing: S240103NA - ANTHEMIC, MODERN ROCK SONGS

Post by WSAO » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:38 am

Hi folks,
Just got a return and although I understand that my track is not exactly Anthemic Rock, one part of the critique I didn't understand.

The review:
What I like most about this song
You have a very dynamic vocal!

I think you could improve this song by
This is quite good, but could also be more Anthemic. Sometimes the doubled vocal in the topline is too hot.

I returned or forwarded this song because
Nice tune, but not really a 100% match for this particular listing.

X Mood is off target with the listing request

"Sometimes the doubled vocal in the topline is too hot."
What it means? Funny two friends listened to the song just praised how good the harmonics and backing vocals in the song...
Any ideas? Thanks!
My song:
https://www.taxi.com/members/WJQg0yIBTr ... trol-freak

Listining: S240103NA
ANTHEMIC, MODERN ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by the CEO of an A-List Music Library that has landed countless placements over a very long, successful period.

This Library is looking for Songs in all Tempos and moods that could fit in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Cruel" by LYELL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8xgu91c0D8

"Sharkbait" by Mouth Culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMfH0rTRKfs

"The Knock" by Feeder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyBl8Jq6n6g

Quoting the Company's CEO: "I’m looking for ultra-talented artists, songwriters, and producers that we can develop a relationship with, and are capable of producing an album's worth of songs."

Please send in top-tier Rock Songs bursting with epic, anthemic energy all the way through! Your submissions should have catchy melodies, ear-worm hooks, energized rhythms, and well-crafted lyrics. Rock instrumentation that's in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the reference songs will work best for this pitch. Please be sure that your productions and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, modern, and competitive with the references. Expressive, well-performed vocals are the way to go.

Your Songs need to be about 2 to 3 minutes in length (it's fine to go a bit longer). Lyrics should ideally avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share of performance royalties and the company will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure your material is NOT already signed to any other Libraries or Catalogs. You must own or control 100% of your Masters and Copyright to pitch for this. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024. TAXI # S240103NA

TAXI # S240103NA

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Return for Listing: S240103NA - ANTHEMIC, MODERN ROCK SONGS

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:13 am

Hi, If I listen to all the ref tracks them immediately listen to yours I find the vocal quite edgy with some harsh frequencies, and that comes across the most where the vocal is doubled. Perhaps the screener hears it like that too.

Its your production and its entirely your choice to suit your own artistic preferences and tastes, but my personal choice would be to save the double for the chorus (and perhaps significant lines leading into the chorus), and also sit it back behind the main line as a thickener rather than at equal volume. I believe that would give a more consistent delivery with stronger emotional impact as well as taming some of the harsh frequencies.

I really like the song though.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:29 pm

Hi Andre
I love this song! I think the bottom line for this listing is it's not anthemic enough per the ref tracks. The vocal comment could just be a matter of personal taste. It's hard to say if it would have got forwarded with the vocal as is if it really had a chorus that screams "anthem". I think good chance on that.

This song reminds me of one of my favorite bands, Paramore.

Best,
:D Casey

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:25 am

Agree mate, vocal is on the limit there, maybe to harsh in some frequencies.
I'll reopen the file and make it more smooth and balance the doubles.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hey, Cassey,
I knew the song had a different vibe then the references, but even them didn't sound anthemic to me, so I gave it a try :)
Yep, Paramore rocks!
Cheers!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:58 am

Cool track, yeah I woud tuck that chorus doubler in if I mixed so it's just more of a textural thing than a distinct other part as I think it steals a bit of focus from the lead vox.

Big Feeder fan, seen them live a few times. Fun fact, Matt the dep keys player used to live opposite us in our small English village but he moved out a couple of years ago now.