Return for Singer Songwriter songs

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Return for Singer Songwriter songs

Post by foglyte » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:39 am

Another try, another return (off target). Decent scores though, keeping me hopeful.HIP, CURRENT SINGER-SONGWRITER SONGS in the wide range of Regina Spektor, Feist, Bright Eyes, Rufus Wainwright, Jeff Buckley, Kate Nash, Lily Allen, etc. are needed by a Major Production Music Library who has one of the most impressive and successful catalogs in the business. This is an excellent opportunity to secure high-profile Film/TV/Ad placements. The bar will be quite high on this one, so be sure that the performances are excellent and the songs are solid. Lyrics should be universal enough as to apply to many different scenarios and it's suggested that the tone be on the lighter side and not too sad/melancholy for this one. A quirky or left of center, very unique sound will attract attention - different and ear-catching, yet still accessibleSong title: Looking for a Songhttp://www.taxi.com/lunaumbraJust posting for reference of what was returned for this particlar listing.Foglyte

stickboymusic
Active
Active

Re: Return for Singer Songwriter songs

Post by stickboymusic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:56 am

HelloI got one forward (out of 3) on this onemy song pirouette was forwardedwww.taxi.com/stickboymusic

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 am

Nice one stickboy.I enjoyed the listed.Dave.

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:23 am

Hard luck Foglyte.had to turn the speakers up quite a bit to listen.Listing is quite specific, and I see they're saying the "bar will be quite high". Wonder if anyone here did get through.Good try though.Cheers,Dave.

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by foglyte » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:36 am

Dave, thanks for listening to the song. These high bar listings... I realize are just that. I have work to do, that's why I'm here, to push me in the right direction.Stickboymusic, love the song and I can see why it got forwarded, great job.fog

stickboymusic
Active
Active

Post by stickboymusic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:14 am

ahhh thankyou my friendkeep plugging away - its all about having fun reallyxp.s i liked your song and like your voice.... dunno if you want constructive critisism but maybe you need to improve your drum sound...and also i think there were a few timing issues in there..... i also use fake drums but try and get them to sound as real as possiblex

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by foglyte » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks for the listen Stickboymusic.It is about fun, I don't fret the returns. The songs was posted just as a reference, but I'll take constructive criticism any day, I figure it can only make me strive to be better.The drums are electronic, but they are a full kit. My timing most likely does stray. I am getting better though as I have only been playing a short while.Fog

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Fog, What was the listing number? I missed it.Stickboy, I like your song and your bio... my parents were hippies, some of my childhood was spent on a commune. Probably wasn't how you would imagine but you can still change your name to Elmo. Nomi

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by foglyte » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:50 am

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.Listing # was S081020SS