We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SonicGreenhouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Review-PULSING, SCI-FI-Style INSTRUMENTAL CUES # S200413PL

Post by SonicGreenhouse » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Hello all,

Here is a variation of an earlier submission. I'm hoping by adding a bit of melodic movement and a pulsing, progressive build that it might fit this listing.
Again, any advice offered is very appreciated!

Lost on Mars

PULSING, SCI-FI-Style INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful NON-Exclusive Music Licensing Company that’s feeding music directly to a specific TV Series.

They need a bunch of Cues in a variety of tempos. Please listen to the references they gave us below to get an idea of the style they’re looking for:

"The Birds Are Doing That" by Cliff Martinez

"100 Doses" by Cliff Martinez

"There's Nothing In There" by Cliff Martinez

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that could work well in the context of Sci-Fi-related content. Your submissions should be arpeggiator-driven and can cover a range of moods from Tense and Anticipatory to Haunting and Sinister. Build your Cues around a simple, central melody that will sit easily behind a scene’s dialogue, while adding new elements as they progress to create a sense of propelling movement and development.

TAXI Tip: Gentle pulses, clock-like ticks, chimes, arpeggiated leads, and droning synth pads are all potentially great elements to build these kinds of Cues around. Please make sure the instrumentation you use doesn't sound like it's stock music or sound cheesy. Send them the good stuff!

Your submissions should be about 90 Seconds long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll keep 100% of the Writers share and Master rights and the Library will get 100% of the Publisher’s share for any placements they generate. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI Screener. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, April 13th, 2020. TAXI # S200413PL
...forgive me child if I do not know; where we came from or where we go. I always thought that I'd know more, but I've never been through this life before.

SonicGreenhouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Review-PULSING, SCI-FI-Style INSTRUMENTAL CUES # S200413PL

Post by SonicGreenhouse » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:46 am

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. I think that your comments are sound advice. Admittedly I struggle with EQ. Too many years with the music too loud! Also, I thought the percussion might build too much.
Again I thank you for you time!
Sincerely,
Floyd
...forgive me child if I do not know; where we came from or where we go. I always thought that I'd know more, but I've never been through this life before.